Flying abroad - Cyprus

Just landed at paphos airport in Cyprus. Waiting in baggage reclaim and spotted a big banner headed ‘Are you a drone pilot’. It proceeded to give a concise list of do’s and dont’s, excellent stuff

2 Likes

Unless the Dos were “Go home!” and the Don’ts were “Don’t come to Paphos”, of course. :wink:

But that is good that they appreciate the need for the information.

Can you take a pic of the sign and post?

I moved this thread over to the Travel-Tips category, too. :wink:

1 Like

It was things like vlos, fly only in daylight & good weather, 8km from airfields, max height 50m. I’ll try and get a picture on my way back

1 Like

Thanks!

Don’t try and fly to Turkish side like this guy across the Nato line

Well, he has to be Europe’s biggest twat, from the videos I have seen of his exploits !

1 Like

Hi, I’m off to Cyprus in November with work and looking for advice over what I should be doing… I’ve checked the laws there and registered as it’s free. I’ve got Lipo bag and battery terminal covers…

Is there anything else I should be thinking about or should do?

I’m just hoping weather is good because my wee mavic Air hasn’t flown for a few weeks with the rubbish weather.

1 Like

Yes drain the batteries to 50 percent and show them going through security. Who are you flying with?

Moved your post to a pre-existing thread about Cyprus.

Good idea

Cool thank you was having fun trying to find stuff on my phone

1 Like

Also good tip on the batteries. Will be flying Military over there so have to look at their regulations for carrying a drone in hand luggage

Woah OK DEFO check that also what airline are you flying with?