Flying in Culdrose FRZ

@TMVideos I can live with weather issues, I can even deal with FRZs what I can’t get on with is the bollocks from DJI. I checked the link to DJI reporting site and watched the video, i might as well have been in Chinese, it was like plaiting fog.
What I will have to do is, Zoom in on Drone Scene and find places where there are zero restrictions. As we’ve never been to Cornwall previously we have no idea where we will be going when there so it should be OK. We are just basing ourselves in Helston.

In fairness there are a few FRZ here but its a massive country.

Most of that crap isn’t an FRZ … only these are FRZs …

I managed to fly at Dollar Cove and Church cove on the Lizard as they fall between those FRZs. Also at Sennen Cove, but I couldn’t take off at Lands End as DJI’s geozone overlaps the coast whereas Lands End Airport FRZ does not according to the drone safety apps.

That is true, but its good to know the risks.

1 Like

@TMVideos that dark background makes it look worse than it actually is i think LOL
I think there is enough un regulated airspace for me to play with.
TBH i think most of the time we will be looking for places to have Afternoon Tea (got to keep the wife happy as she plays as spotter when i do fly LOL)

It’s also good to not label things as what they aren’t. :wink:

@Speedbird then definitely go to Praa sands as they have a lovely café on the beach to the left of the slip way underneath the pub, also

• Cabin @ Perranuthnoe
  • Lula’s Shack @ Hayle Towans
  • Feed Squirrels @ Tihidy
  • Paris Hotel @ Coverack
  • Godrevy Cafe @ Gwithian
  • Watering Hole @ Perranporth

to name a few

@OzoneVibe Its also good to read what people post, I didn’t, lol

@TMVideos my wife is your new best friend!
What are the recommendations for Cornish Pasties?

I’ve never had to send anything in advance to DJI other than the request for a pin to remove the NFZ block (drone hovering at a metre not responding to RC)? Maybe its because I have a mini 2? DJI have just sent me the pin (after I acknowledge all the risks) to my phone for me to input and remove the block… …so far anyway but I do wonder what they will do when I get the mini 3 with the new RC as it was all done via the Fly App, android phone and the RC N1?

Actually - this was all (in that post) that preceded the map.

The map includes many items that are not FRZ’s.

As it stands, someone wishing to learn can read your post and be misinformed … hence my correction.

Top 3

1. Philps are good (Helston, Porthleven and Hayle)
  2. Rowes are always nice
  3. Ann’s Pasties are meant to be nice (not a big fan, they re OK)

Depends what you like. I like peppery non greesy ones not bland as F**K… Cornish Oven in Helston are a bit Bland.

Also check out Roskillys’s for an ice cream and then feed some animals, on the way to Coverack.

Yes, forget all your troubles and buy an AUTEL… :slight_smile:

At £719.00 for a nano combo it looks rather good

@TMVideos you were right

@TMVideos where did you see that price?

That’s the RRP @Speedbird

Try www.scan.co.uk as they usually have them in stock.

@PingSpike and Scan is about 20 minutes from me.

1 Like