Flying right on the border of a FRZ which is RAF

Thanks for alls advice, this wasn’t or isn’t a topic or question that is or was of any intention too drag on.
Mixed opinions and advice, which is all taken in & on board.
Thanks all.

It will if they say no.

Let us know what happens.

1 Like

I’ve had no joy in contacting them, it says it’s closed and to ring another number ( for urgent matters only ) which it’s obviously not, I did use the drone scene calculator & this is what it gave me.

You’re 29m outside of the area they’re interested in.

If they were interested in a wider area, they’d have a wider FRZ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When does a shoplifter become a shoplifter :person_shrugging:

Thanks for that & a good point too, just didn’t know how fussy or seriously these people take it when close too there boundaries, or rather what only I thought maybe was to close for comfort but hey, I know you know your stuff hence why this forum & drone scene is what it is today, I’ll just get on with it, just nerves kicked in ……
Cheers

1 Like

When he/she gets nabbed? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just sent a email (the one from my screenshot), it’s more a FYI notice to them as legally you are allowed to fly where you are intending. This way if someone does come to you you can literally turn around and say didn’t you check your email :joy: (yes been there done that)

edit of course do keep an ear out for NPAS and Air ambulance low pass. Might be worth having a secondary device with flightradar open

Look out for @Kirky on the BBC news later :joy: :joy:

When they’ve got away with it and not got caught, :joy:

Get caught that would be an unsuccessful shop lifter ! :wink: or unlucky & time for a career change maybe

The Military Police don’t mess about. 5 days of interrogation before the outside world hears about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for alls input,

That’s what I mean, after all these stories you hear,
I was flying an A380 approaching Manchester airport still doing Mach 2 :joy: & @Sparkyws was sat on the cloud to the left of me flying his M3P I could clearly see he had 8% battery left ! :joy:

Probably same as you and yiur drive/garden

1 Like

That’s why I mentioned it, in all fairness I’m probably worse :scream:

Most Military admin/enquiries you’ll find won’t be back at work until after the New Year.

Try this:

Thanks for the info, I’ve worked out a different route & angle call it, so I can nudge back a bit more if needed from the FRZ as a precautionary measure, if when I get there tomorrow and what I thought was not, I’ll just be extra carful with the 29 metres or 100 ft I’ve got too play with, now I’ve absorbed it, for what I want too do I wouldn’t see it too much of a problem anyway & tbh, I need ground space rather than the height.

Try this:

Regards Steve

Your flight is outside of their FRZ so no need to ask, but send them an email TELLING them you are conducting a flight,and thought it would be courteous to let them know. Be polite, provide a simple map of the area. They will appreciate the fact you have let them know and that you’re not a dick. Then when you want to have a flight inside their area they’ll hopefully remember you’re not a dick, and grant you permission.

1 Like

Thankyou for the advice, I have thought or did think about emailing them but is there a specific email for this or just email RAF BENSON.
Cheers

Edit : got email address