Flying round a lighthouse

I finally got a chance to realise one of my goals for this year, flying out and round Haulbowline Lighthouse at the entrance to Carlingford Lough in Northern Ireland.

I had perfect conditions last night, unlike this evening where it’s teeming with rain.

I hope you enjoy this one, I loved flying it.

3 Likes

Was that a sketchy take off?!

What camera you using on that? I want some good stabilised footage on my ranger, and in market for something!

Yeah, I accidentally flicked the RTH switch on launch, but flicked it back off I time to rescue it. This is the only iNav plane I do not have autolaunch on and it normally doesn’t need it, unless I mess up.

This footage came from a Runcam Thumb Pro, mounted on the front GPS hatch. I had an ND8 filter on it, but did nothing else with the footage, either stabilising or colour grading.

I have to say, I’ve not had much luck with Gyroflow but I have seen stabilised footage from the Runcam Thumb Pro using Gyroflow from other people and it is very good.

I’ve got a couple of the OG thumbs and trying that, but… gyroflow… no thanks! Insta360 go not cheap, getting close to gopro standards. if dji would properly support iNav fonts I’d be tempted to get an O3, btu then again I could move a thumb pro, or a insta360… the pro isn’t that bad is it… hmmmm decisions decisions. I’ve never posted any footage from my wings as they are very bumpy (inc. the ranger!) then again I learnt I get fly for ages if I’m gentler on he throttle today :wink:

I had a Peanut, but sold it. The footage from the Thumb Pro is excellent and I don’t tend to do much in the way of speed runs, so the footage is eminently usable.

I fly Walksnail and use the VTX recordings for most of my other craft, I do intend to learn how to get the best from Gyroflow, but would likely only use it sparingly.

Use the dev-version.

Auto-sync the data and be prepared to delete some of the sync point which are wrong.

It makes a big difference. Just a takes a while to run on laptop - thinking of set-up up an addition virtual machine and my server to make it run in batch-mode - so it automatically converts overnight.

Why ?

That’s why… Your exact answer there. no thanks.

I don’t mind faffing once or twice, but every time Give me lovely stabilised video without me doing anything. apparently a good colour grading on the thumb pro, can give you very good video, but the gyroflow puts me off. Unestablished on a wing (or even a quad, see my latest video for unestablished vs stablised from the same flight (a couple of clips at the end are from DVR)