Flytron / Strobon Strobe Lights

Looking at the flytron website and they have two types of Standalone lights for Mavic Pro

One is Cree, the other isn’t. Weight is the same and the difference in dimensions are 2mm on all sides.

Apart from this, and £4, what’s the difference??

One blinds you longer than the other in my experience…:star_struck:

2 Likes

CREE LEDs are faaaaarrrr brighter :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Oops missed saying CREE’s are blighter…

Here they are fitted to my Mavic Pro…

I want to order 2, one red and one white for the front and rear.

Will I be able to put one centre front without it affecting the camera? If not, will one on a front leg alter the balance?

Marc
The crees can cause issues if put on the front it affects the camera and front sensors I believe
Best place for me is the rear arms but I’m sure some will disagree

1 Like

I have four of them - red & green at the end of the appropriate forward arms facing forward; a white one on the very front of the top; plus another white one at the rear.

Flying only in daylight, I have not noticed any interference with the camera.

As has been said - these things are BRIGHT!!!

1 Like

The crees are so light they wont affect flight performance.

They may affect the sensors if you are placing them so close. I put mine on the legs and have never encountered any flight sensor video or photographic problems …

I attach mine with VELCO. I have 4, 2X whites a green and a red …. they look awesome in flight and adds to visibility massively. The crees can be seen in bright direct daylight and at dusk be seen at a distance of 3 miles.

3 Likes

Purchased a pair of crees this week using GA’s promo code cost about £26 I fitted mine with a small cable tie to a pair of leg extenders and gotta sat they live up to there expectations well impressed need another pair now for front.

3 Likes

Yep . Futures looking bright so i goto ware shades .

1 Like

I bought Cree lights. I found them useful when learning to fly my Mavic air. But after a while when you master and are more confident in flying you don’t need them.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Cree ones for about 3 years…they extend VLOS for the Mavic to around 400m in daylight. I also use them during commercial night flight. Well worth the money.

I have 6 which I attach with Velcro so that they can be easily removed as required.

1 Like

These arrived in the post today. The first is a Strobon module for “Aircraft Avoidance” and needs to be mounted to a controller and power supply. The second is a self contained unit with a Flytron strobe, controller and tiny LiPo power supply. The power supply is recharged via a micro USB socket on the board.

They are TINY!

In a typical, “Laurel and Hardy” moment, my Son and I were marveling at the Flytron assembly when I (stupid old fart) accidentally turned it on and both of us are now waiting for the dark shadow to disappear from our eyesight :woozy_face: Dumb, very dumb.

3 Likes

Popular choice of LED, quite a few threads on here about strobons :+1:t2:

Did you buy them directly from Flytron?

If so, I hope you were able to make use of the exclusive GADC members discount :blush:

@B0M0A0K
Hi
If you think that was bright, try the CREE version
INSANE. :weary:
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My flytron strobe also arrived this morning and now fitted to my Mavic Air, it’s very small and very bright, will test it in flight soon.

Yes, I bought the Flytron direct from Flytron but the led component I bought direct from “Flying Tech”.

ARG! No I didn’t. I was so consumed by the amazingly small package and didn’t realize that we could get a discount. I won’t make that mistake twice. :hot_face:

@Steviegeek Do you have any recommendations for a supplier. Got a link please?

1 Like

Flytron sell the CREE version too :wink: