Flytron / Strobon Strobe Lights

Looking to see if any new strobes out and noticed Amazon sell some LED strobes for your car that actually make it go faster.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sidaqi-Wireless-Emergency-Flashing-Ambulance/dp/B07SV1T8J1/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?keywords=police%2Bstrobe&qid=1577550398&sr=8-11&th=1&psc=1

5 reviews. Who the hell is buying them :joy:

1 Like

Have your sunglasses at the ready !!.

1 Like

They’re popular with the ricers at our local retail park most evenings :smiley:

4 Likes

What are people doing to attach these, is it Velcro or some other method?

I use velcro.

Do a compass calibration with the strobe in place to avoid any issues.

I started with Velcro but as I always keep them on I use 3M VHB double sided tape/pad now
There was another thread on this subject just a couple of weeks ago :thinking:
Cheers
Steve :kissing_heart:

Check out the search link I posted above @B0M0A0K - as @Steviegeek said there are a good few threads on these strobes already, complete with mounting suggestions :blush:

I got some Cree strobes with their velcro attachments recently. I am thinking of attaching them semi-permanently (lazy!) so I don’t have to take off for charging. Only problem is I have leg extensions which I fold up and can still fit in the case so will probably have to resort to adding them as final assembly before take off. Doubt they would fit permanently otherwise.

There are 3D printed flexible plast/rubber mounts which can be bought which just snap on to legs front and back. Indeed there is someone on the forum who does them but can’t find the article as yet. There are a few suppliers on Ebay but most are US based and postage is a huge extra. Surprised Flytron don’t do/offer them.

These may be a better option than continually removing the leds from a velcroed attachment.

Is this what you mean ??

Yes but there was also a local i.e. UK guy who frequents here.
Not sure the Singer ones are suitable for M2P?

1 Like

You’ll find it in the Members Only category, along with all the other exclusive GADC discounts that are available :blush:

1 Like

Just caved in and ordered one of the Strobon Cree versions. This time I remembered to include the GADC doscount code :wink:

4 Likes

I use to use 3M Tape, but now use just a single cable tie on (I think it was) @OzoneVibe 's suggestion, and just cut it off to move it to another drone if I want to.

@Steviegeek If I have a Strobon module I assume that I will need to either connect this to an existing driver/battery board or pick up a driver and battery board?

1 Like

Hi,
I use the self-powered version, link below.
It’s much more convenient and if in a crash the multirotor loses it’s power, this strobe will keep on going.
I have two, fixed to top and bottom faces of my Mavic Pro
I use white but oher colours are available :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it the XPE on breakout board you have mate?

If so you need a driver but can connect up to the cree standalone you have ordered. You will need a soldering iron.

Yep, its the XPE breakout board, but I also got the stand alone Strobon (non Cree) unit at the same time, so I have everything I need to connect the breakout board as detailed in the diagram. Just didn’t want to start cutting away at the heatshrink. I will give this a go today at some point. I also have some “reusable double sided tape” arriving today so will also give that a try.

My biggest concern is placement. I don’t want to put them on the legs and the position I would ideally like to use (on the belly) has (on the Mini) large heat vents that I am not keen to cover.

Merged two almost identical threads into one.

Does the strobe interfere with the gps and does it add much weight … Where would you suggest is the best place to mount it on a mavic zoom

Dedicated thread over here @sdj_drones

1 Like