Flywoo explorer setup

Heres the photos

Heres the manual. Look at the binding section for XM+

FLYWOO_EXPLORER_QUAD_LR4_ANALOG_MANUAL.pdf (5.4 MB)

If it helps

Wish i could help more but XM+ is all voodoo to me :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Its Voodoo to everyone Mark :rofl: and good timing on the posting of manual lol

1 Like

yea great minds think alike.

Crossfire for the WIN :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have already had a look of manual and I can’t figure it out as I am new to all this, I bought it thinking I would be able to try and work it out and I can’t. So any other help from someone would be welcome.

Cheers

2 Likes

Ok so have you tried the instructions from the manual or have you not tried as it was too complicated? Just trying to work out what you have done so far?

1 Like

Oh and are you completely new to fpv quads or just new to the FrSky stuff?

I was maybe a year ago. I manged to make it work once, failed twice, decided life was too short and switched everything to Crossfire. :grin:

The key issue is getting the matching firmwares on both ends, with the added complication that there’s US and EU versions, and some controllers do not support the latest version. :roll_eyes:

Unfortunately, flashing both the controller and the receiver was a right pain in the arse, requiring custom wiring hookups with jumpers and Croc clips. It took me about a month to finally get it working.

Having done it once though, I thought I knew what I was doing. But the next thing I got with XM+ I completely failed to get working. Several attempts later I decided the price of going TBS was worth what it saved me in time and frustration.

Sorry it’s not better news. Best of luck.

Its still worth trying the binding process first before messing with firmware as you might be lucky and have matching firmware already :crossed_fingers:t2:

Thinking about it @Nidge almost certainly knows FrSky receivers. He might be able to add some insight to the situation :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, and just for clarity, I have tried to follow the instructions but get lost almost straight away as it’s in broken English and they say about pressing a button on the receiver but it looks to be tucked away inside the drone and as I am new I just don’t know what I am doing so haven’t tried to much in the way of being hands-on with moving parts around and in videos they all show like wires connected together and say you have to bind like that but as you can see from my pictures, I have no wires… So this is why I’m so lost

So spoke to flywoo who again didn’t make any real sence but they basically said its all ready to fly no need for betaflight or anything just bind and fly but I’m stuggling with just that and also navigating the menu and what exactly to do with the controller to get it to bind to the quad.

1 Like

Ok so this is the bind button on the receiver that they are talking about. It might be difficult to get to but its mounted to the underside of the top plate on your quad. See if you can find the button

You need to go to the setup menus on your controller and set the options as below

When youre happy its set correctly you need to highlight the [Bnd] icon and press in the joystick to activate bind.

Then If you can get to the bind button hold it down as you plug in the usb cable. This should put the receiver in bind mode. After a few seconds you should get flashing green led on receiver. Then you can power off the quad and the controller and then power back up. There should be a solid green light on the receiver to confirm its bound

1 Like

Ok that’s good to know, thank you for the clarity, so yes I know how to find what you are talking about so I will undo the bolts and then I can access it, then once I have done that what is my next steps?

Cheers

1 Like

I just saw your detailed message which is very useful and I will have a go this evening and check back with you tomorrow if that’s ok, thank you for all your help and advice.

Can you tell me what usb I am plugging in when doing this please? As you can see I didn’t get one with the quad?

1 Like

No problem hope it works ok for you :+1:t2:

You can just plug a battery into your quad if its easier. The plugging in the usb cable is just to power up the receiver which will happen when you plug a battery in too. I just thought it would be easier to plug in a usb cable while holding the bind button on the receiver.
Watch that video I posted above from around 4:35 and youll see the whole process :slightly_smiling_face:

Even if it binds you will need to setup mode switches in Betaflight before youll be able to fly but thats fairly straight forward

Alright ok I will spend some time trying all of what you have advised me on tonight and fingers crossed it works, I’ll let you know how I get on, thank you mate.

Oh I see, ok. That’s a whole other problem as I plugged it in to betaflight last night but it auto detected a software that wasnt on the list they gave, I don’t recall exactly what it was but I guess another that may be another question I need to ask.

Cheers bud