Fog and flying

Quick question if I may, has anyone flew in the fog/mist and is it ok ??? …
As climbing the walls at the mo to get out …

1 Like

Not sure an FPV drone would be any different from a regular camera drone? :thinking: :man_shrugging:t2:

If anything it’d be better as it wouldn’t have all the poxy obstacle avoidance sensors kicking in every five seconds :smiley:

Answer here :wink:

i really wouldnt i did satturday and boy i was fighint it for alomost 10 minutes getting itt back down, and when i did i twas full of water on the top and the legs :frowning: honestly wouldnt risk it!

That’s exactly what I meant about the poxy sensors :smiley:

Sports mode ftw @Airlessmean :+1:t2:

2 Likes

yea for me it kept going into auto landing mode every second it was frustrating!

1 Like

The camera lense fogs up and you can’t see… also conformal coat any exposed electronics :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@BigDog

The full flight:

3 Likes

Well it looks like a waste of a day as its started raining now :rage:

15 bloody batteries charged and no where to go, might wait to see if it lifts later on before I put them back into storage…

Might partake in a little retail therapy :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

The best way to scratch that itch in winter

I have one sat on my desk… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I braved it in the end and must say it wasn’t the fog that got me it was the cooling towers.

Turned up with 3 working quads and walked away with 1 :cry:

Must say I have some great footage of me sliding the Nazgul down the side of one of the towers :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Sliding or bouncing? :grimacing: Sounds like you had a good day out flying though. What’s the damage like?

1 Like

You can leave it on landing mode, it will descend quicker than you trying to get it down manually. It won’t shut the motors off until it lands on something solid. You can obviously cancel the landing when you’re out of the fog. :+1:

1 Like

I know the temptation to get out when you’re all charged up and the weather is crap. I almost always regret it though, in those conditions.

That said, one of the best days flying I’ve had - mainly with a wing but I think I also sent the Nazgul up that day for a quick spin too - was a foggy one. I noticed that I could see bugger all in a horizontal direction but could see clear blue sky above, so I came to the conclusion that it was probably a thin blanket of thick fog sat very low on the ground. Sure enough, above 10m it was the most beautiful day ever and the thick fog on the ground with the tree tops poking out made it look even better.

Generally though - foggy = stay at home with a cuppa for me.

defernatly sliding, uncontrolled of course :rofl:

I remember @notveryprettyboy ’s titanium framed quad doing that, the spark trail was superb :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Took a whole series of ‘above the fog’ shots with a DJI Mini 2 earlier this year. No issues whatsoever.

1 Like

Yea i t wasnt coming d9wn on auto landing

Fog = water; water+drone = Bad.

Conformal coating :ok_hand:t2: