Fog and frost above the Ship Canal - which edit works for you, lighter or darker?

Hi All,

Took a quick flight along the ship canal tonight, as the frost and fog bade me to try and capture the atmosphere…

Did this edit first, but not sure if the land is too dark, so did this 2nd edit, would be good to know which one folks preferred for future reference…

Thanks in advance…

2 Likes

You’re getting too good at this. All versions are just fine… some times its better to enjoy what you do for yourself, and not worry too much what others think… :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Both are nice footage, but the first is too dark for me. The first is ok for a cut scene, 5 second clip or b-roll - but not an entire video. Well done :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Indy, yeah, I get that, but I am a perfectionist and suffer at times with a lac of self confidence, so having others give me an opinion helps overcome that… Silly really, but it is what it is…

Thanks Clinkadink, appreciated… I get that, the first is really atmospheric, but needs a big TV and to be in the dark to appreciate it, the second is easier to see, but loses some of the atmosphere… Argh, I could go on editing forever and still not reach a point I am 100% happy with anything… curse my libran nature!

We are our own worst critics. I’ve got tons of photos that I just see problems with that others think are great.

The great thing with hobbies like this is that there’s always something to learn.

1 Like

For me, it’s the second one, I kept wanting to see the detail in the first one which is there in the second, both are stunning but the lighter version works for me.

1 Like

lighter version is best for me

1 Like