Formal flight training

Plenty of videos on YouTube to take you through checks and first steps before you head off. Just practice without going too high and too far at first. With the P3 geing over 250g you need to keep away from people and buildings so perhaps find a friendly farmer who will let you use one of his fields.

Yes lots of farmerā€™s fields around where I live, so not a problem.

Well ive just taken my A2cofcā€¦and passed with 100% :grin::grin:

Excellent, well done. I am still reading up and have yet to make my first flight :smirk:

Who did you go with in the end ?

HALO, I have just read the manual and now need to read it again more carefully. I have not flown yet, so still to take my maiden flight and to become familiar with the controls.

HALO, I have just read the manual and now need to read it again more carefully. I have not flown yet, so still to take my maiden flight and to become familiar with the controls.

I found the literature very helpful and the flight instructions helped to. Basically you only need to get 2 hours flying in and email the proof to them. Good luck .

Hi

I just put in for an exam date with HALO, was just wondering how you found them?

My impression is that they are more catered for corporate entities rather then individual hobbyists.

Anyway I have covered all the material and now waiting for a date.

William

Hey William. I honestly found them to be far from corporate orientated ,they were very approachable and helpful. I found the material very helpful and understandable and if i needed any advice regarding anything they were great. ( dont want to blow my own trumpet but i got 100% and i had little previous experience. ). Good luck with the exam Iā€™m sure youā€™ll ace it. :+1:

Good to hear and congratulations on the 100% pass.

I was given a list of dates and I replied with my preference plus a second preference but have heard nothing since.

Well I have read the manual a number of times and made notes so I should be Ok.

Regards

William

My exam was very centered around air law, metrology and aircraft knowledge. I think the rest is kinda commen sense as much as learned knowledge so they are the areas i tried to really absorb. Hope you hear from them soon. Again good luck.

Thanks, yes I think thatā€™s how it run.

W