FPV locations to fly

Hey guys and gals, I’ve requested an FPV section on Drone Scene site and the devs have requested a guaranteed 10 locations to be added in the first 7 days of it being active. So I was wondering if anybody was willing to share their flying spots so that other FPV pilots can enjoy them too?

Link to the response on the Drone Scene thread can be found here

Just thought it would be a nice idea to have somewhere to look for new places to fly FPV :+1:t2:

3 Likes

No idea how to add locations to the map. But could probably find a few

1 Like

Hawksbury, olrfc, bennerley viaduct, willington, wyken croft

1 Like

Sweet 5 more and we’ve got our category :ok_hand:t2:

Just list them here for now then after we’ve got 10 we can work out about adding them to the map :+1:t2:

Clee hill. Brickworks Bedford,Woburn Bando,

1 Like

Awesome we need 2 more places then we can start getting the details together for each place. So Parking info and actual pin locations for each spot as well as any land owner permissions if needed. Also information on how to get to the take off and landing spot from the car parking and we should be good to go :ok_hand:t2:

Bump…

All being well, the next update / release to Drone Scene will be taking place in early December.

2 Likes

@PingSpike looks like there isn’t enough interest in adding an FPV category to Drone Scene. So don’t worry about it mate. It was worth a shot though :+1:t2:

1 Like

No worries @DeanoG60 - you can always review at some point in the future :+1:t2:

1 Like

Aw that’s a shame! Id love an fpv category. Especially for bandos, ruins or quarries…?

If you know of 2 more locations that haven’t already been listed then we’ll have the 10 needed to create the category :+1:t2:

1 Like

Bump.

We could also recategorise previously added locations to increase the numbers (providing the original posters are happy for us to do that of course).

2 Likes

Like a tick box? “Suitable for Fpv” So its tagged

1 Like

No, I’d just move them from the “Parks and Recreation” category (or wherever they may be) over to the new “FPV” category :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bump

As the FPV community has grown exponentially in this club over the last few months I’m bumping this thread again.

Please post up your FPV locations so that we can get a dedicated FPV section on the clubs very own Drone Scene :+1:t2: to help other FPVers find places to fly. Let’s get this done!

3 Likes

Matlock can go on the list. @notveryprettyboy already put it on Drone Scene. :slight_smile: :+1:

4 Likes

I got another one too. Just attaching cheesy music as I write this.

1 Like

I guess that can replace hawksbury then lol

1 Like

I’ve added a new FPV category to Drone Scene this evening :blush:

Please post links to the existing Drone Scene locations that you’d like moved over to this new category and I’ll get them updated.

Forgotten which locations you may have added? Not a problem, you can filter the map by Member Name.

Just pick your own name from this list. eg:

Then you’ll see just the locations you’ve added.

Share the links to the ones you want moved to the new FPV category and I’ll sort them out over the coming days :+1:t2:

6 Likes