FPV meetup weekend 6th to 8th May

Hi guys.

There’s been chat about a meetup for the above mentioned weekend. (6-8 May.)
I can’t make the Sunday due to moribund affairs.
Can we get something going? Preferably the Saturday or Monday, selfishly speaking.

Where would you like to go? Nice bando? Quarry? Lord Line? Matlock way? Chesterfield? Or a Starwars ditch run somewhere?

@PathfinderFPV @Steviegeek @Howard78 @Yith @Earwig @gunja99 @BigDog (the one and only) and anyone else

Any of those sounds good. Got a gig on the Monday evening, but I should be free during the day. Nothing else that I know of currently.

1 Like

At the moment we’re free except the Saturday evening.

If possible I’d love to get my jet up in the air again, but I’m also up for other stuff… So multiple meets maybe?

All 3 probably ok for me at this point. Also Monday 1st if anyone is I fancy it. Might even have a fleet back by then haha.

So the Saturday/Monday the weekend you talk of maybe see what the weather looking like. One open space and a bando sounds good. Wonder how rusty I am…

2 Likes

I can probably do this too. Keen to see how the O3 is

Ditto… Made zero progress on that drone in 3 months lol.

Also keen to try the HDZero goggles heh. Might be worth me coming heli field for maidens nest weekend. Though the AOS O3 might be struggle to have in air by next weekend, away for a few days next week. Nearly got the older one but with new stacjk

Never even put power I to the O3 yet it’s box fresh still lol

You literally rushed to buy this :laughing:

They are a peach. I’ll rig my 5" with the 90hz hdzero. It really does feel slick. Doesn;t look nice, but it’s proper connected.

Well at least DJI ain’t known for price drops! Haha

Any day(s) for me :+1:

I’m up for Crich for Matlock (or anywhere else near those). I did think if not to hit Matlock Bando, see how busy it is and it probably will be on that weekend. If it’s crazy, try the quarry down the road for a couple of hours and maybe bail out to Harborough rocks as a fallback. I suppose a lot of it depends on the weather. Also i will probably have to recharge Lipos mid way through. :wink: I can’t see 9 3S packs and 12 2S packs lasting very long if we are doing a full day.

@notveryprettyboy and @Steviegeek , what would suit you guys. You both live a lot further South than the majority of us. if you have some preference, let it be known. We could ideally do with 3-4 possible places. But I think the main bandos will be pretty full on the weekend. I’m happy to maybe go as far South as Nottingham or Derby if needs be. There were some bandos on a thread a few months back somewhere either Mansfield way or maybe towards Nottingham. They might have been on the Willington thread. i had a look and couldn’t find them.

I’m easy. Having several places though is a good idea

Definitely up for this - all dates are currently available.

I need to get more practice in as I’ve become a little rusty

Saturday looks like a write off. Maybe Sunday or Monday.

Yeah not sure on the weather for any of the days. Sunday will be local drone circling (and believe @Yith coming too). Defo up for Monday though…You’re more than welcome there if you want to travel to Congleton on Sunday.

But definitely up for going somewhere Sat/Monday too (and Monday weather looks “better”, though not great!)

There are a few storm fronts passing over this weekend.

There are gaps and at the moment Sunday DC does look possible, but the ground may be wet.

However James may cancel it.

The other days look like washouts currently… that may change…

If I get out bed much before midday on Sunday, it will be a miracle. Family party on Saturday. I will be written off Sunday.

If today is anything to go by, the weekend is going to be ferocious. Still I found something today i definitely want to dive. India Mills Chimney over in Darwen. Bit to windy today for it, though. :wink: Even more so riding across Saddleworth Moor with a 20kg genny on the back of my bike. :stuck_out_tongue:

You gotta get drone circle some time and tomorrow looks weather great. 5 quid (though I gave him 10 last time) for a day of great fun and relaxed.

Monday yeah weather looking poor. Must get guts to go out locally myself!

Just go on geograph, look for abandoned quarries near you. Go do a quick recon on them, if they look good as a general space to fly, use them. That’s all I do. I rarely fly bandos on my own a late, but quarries I do fly on my own. But would be nice to hit Darlton with someone at some point. The second quarry area (not the one I normally fly at) is pretty epic in size. maybe 2x bigger than the area I usually fly in, but it’s more of a pig to get to (requires climbing over a gate and under a fence). The downside is it’s really exposed, so any wind is amplified. The day i was up there last time, it was just too strong for my liking.

I had a quick look around your area, there are a few possibilities within 10-15 miles. But you probably have a better idea than me. :wink: