FPV must have accessories?

I’m dipping my toe into the FPV world and have all my kit on order waiting for delivery after lots of questions and answers from all the FPV gang especially @notveryprettyboy and @DeanoG60 who I have been spamming in messages (Massive thanks to you all) . I’m sure there will be things I’ve forgotten/missed. I’m now wondering what must have accessories I’m going to need? For example will I need a landing pad? I normally takeoff/land by hand with my MA2 but I doubt this is possible with FPV?
Any advice and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :blush:

1 Like

Soldering iron
Solder 60/40 rosin core
Zip ties
Shrink tube
Lots of spare props
Electrical tape
VHB tape
A large back pack
Tools

To name but a few lol

2 Likes

A chair

3 Likes

Haha a comprehensive list there Deano thanks :grin: I have the majority of those already but what is VHB tape? Also great call on the backpack. I hadn’t even thought about that :man_facepalming: lol

1 Like

Good call Chris, I have an old fishing stool I can use for now :+1:t2:

1 Like

VHB = Very high bond double sided tape

1 Like

Ah cool I’ll get some next time I’m in screwfix cheers :+1:t2:

1 Like

To start with your not going to be doing many planned landings.

A comfortable pair of trainers for all the walking to pick it up would be my recommendation :wink:

6 Likes

:rofl: Haha that a very fair point Callum. I have a lovely comfy pair of walking shoes that should do the job thanks :+1:t2:

1 Like

An understanding wife/spotter to help you find the thing

4 Likes

This is a must so you don’t end up like me spending 40 minutes looking for my tinyhawk :rofl:

2 Likes

Is there such a thing?

4 Likes

Couple of other things that I use, not necessarily a must have but a nice to have.

Battery connector caps to keep track of charged and non charged batteries.

And a battery checker, this is the one I use it has a nice little feature that allows you to use a lipo as a usb power bank as well.

:+1:t2:

2 Likes

I think my Wife’s understanding is I get to buy all this kit as long as she doesn’t have to come and watch me using it :grin:

4 Likes

Those battery caps are a great idea! I will have to add the battery checker to my already bursting basket on HobbyRC :grin:

1 Like

Some pheasant feathers stuck on the aircraft and a free-ranging black labrador.

For those muddy / flooded field crash recoveries …

2 Likes

Thats a genius idea Rob :+1:t2:

Do they sell these at HobbyRC? :thinking: lol

1 Like

Sick bowl?

3 Likes

Again another nice to have rather than a must have.

Saves you some time discharging your unused packs. If I don’t fly all my packs the ones I didn’t use I stick them on the end and then by the time I’ve got home from flying the packs are already part discharged so then it’s less time putting my packs back to storage voltage.

1 Like

Now thats the accessory I’m hoping I don’t need Steve :crossed_fingers:t2: :grimacing: lol

3 Likes