FPV Short Clip thread

As it happens, they decided not to recommission the golf course at Allestree Park. But there again, you’re into Derby Council “Pleasure Grounds” and technically not allowed to fly. And it is always quite busy if the weather’s decent.

Can you not go have some flying ‘pleasure’ at their “Pleasure Grounds” Jez? If its a recreational area you can fly it using the FPVUK Article 16 Authorisation if you have a membership

3 Likes

Of course. I forget about that.

Derbyshire County Council actually have a bylaw banning flying on any of their land. So technically we can’t use it. This covers a lot of areas.

Anyway, experience has shown a hell of a lot of dog walkers use the recreational areas near me. This makes flying on them difficult. Also I’ve found it bloody hard to keep my 3" gecko inside the bounds of a rugby pitch! Its so bloody quick.

As for fields… the Peak District would be great, but so much of it is SSI. Other bits they just ban flying on… and again the dog walkers.

I just really want to find a large field with definite permission, miles away from dog walkers and fly in peace.

As does Coventry, and Birmingham I believe.

Looks nice from the satellite images. Could be interesting. I have Article 16 through FPVUK.

You arent on their land, you’re above it.

1 Like

Well, if the weather ever picks up… :cloud_with_rain:

The link is to a typed, yes using a typewriter :grinning: document

It looks like a legal document to me…Not! :joy:

They also state:
As land owner we only authorise UAVs flown by the Police, Mountain Rescue
& specific flights for engineering or promotional work. The authorised
used of drones in a wider aspect is currently being considered.

But that document has no relation to the statement

I’ll be taking off and landing on it… which they can control.

They say it’s a bylaw, so it clearly must be legal.
Whatever the case, they’re clearly hostile.

Take off from public land next to it.

It is impossible to define what that is. Public land tends to mean public right of way, etc… dog walkers even more likely.

Plus I’m never happy with that approach with FPV drones. They’re not as well controlled as a camera drone. Crashes are more likely. Low flying also.

Anyway, enough of me grumbling… I’ve completely hijacked this thread!

If it’s any help, my lad plays for a local rugby club. I asked the old guys there who were drunk in the clubhouse if I could fly my drone there when the ground is free. They said it’s fine. No problems. They liked watching it.

2 Likes

I’ve honestly only had bother in places I’m allowed to fly anyway, everytime I fly over private land etc no one cares but Karen’s appear in places I’m allowed to fly, it’s odd.

1 Like

The fact that you have to dig deep into the dark depths of the Internet to find said bylaws means that I have no idea about said bylaw so sorry officer I didn’t know I won’t do it again :grin:

I can pretty much guarantee that flying a drone in local green space wouldn’t be worth the paperwork to even enforce said bylaws, they’ll just move you on if anything :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Although I fly within the law, I’ve only ever once had anyone have an issue with my drone flying and that was due to a large party of non-UK nationals drinking and urinating in a park where I was flying.

I’m sure @speatuk can remember that occasion

I’d be concerned if you where flying near my free hanging genitals too.

Fortunately, I’ve only got an analogue camera on my Nazgul so your modesty would be spared :grin:

Personally, I have no interest in people “toileting” in a public park but it was only when a passer-by indicated that the Mob weren’t too happy with drones flying that we realised that they were doing something they shouldn’t have been - hence why they were unhappy at being seen.