FPV Trick Competition - Juicy Flick

Oh no that would be an awful move for me, I’d get carried away flying and run out of battery for sure.

Then put a warning on your tx?

I’d only be able to do timers on my tx, which would be fine if I didn’t use different sized batteries being able to see the voltage live is great just wish I could keep it hidden until it started to get low.

You can. Sort of. Its called “land now” but needs setting up correctly

1 Like

I’ve got that already set up but that’s a literal “stop pushing your luck dickhead” warning for me

It doesn’t bother me at all having voltage on the screen or the LQ, just chuck 'em in a corner out the way lol

That image is “Tell me you’ve never flown fpv before without telling me you’ve never flown fpv”

That’s what I do, I just want lq to only pop up if it drops below a certain value and the same with voltage. I want mode to only pop up if it’s in anything but airmode as well.

I know who I am, and now so does the guy who suddenly got my VTX when I powered up and crashed his feed mid-flight. Oh well, it’s a fair cop. :grin: I figure if someone starts shouting “WHO THE FUCK’S EARWIG?” I may be able to react in time to save the situation.

Just buy a DJI setup and you can blackout an entire group of pilots at once :wink:

You’re supposed to just keep it plugged in quickly put your goggles on and pretend you have been plugged in the entire time so it couldn’t possibly have been you :joy:

My FPV feeds have my drones’ names in them, not mine… I need them so I can work out which is which… hehe.

And as for latest “crazy science project”… Here it is… A 2" cinewhoop… printed in Polycarbonate blend.

I’m not sure it’ll do a juicy flip. I may have to do that with a more powerful drone.

It certainly won’t do one yet as the FC is currently on a long range flight from China.

3 Likes

We discussed the channels before flying and everyone was on a different one… of course @Earwig was on a different band… I had no idea they actually overlapped! I now have this page printed out and laminated so we can make sure we’re all on non-overlapping channels!

4 Likes

You can borrow my indestructible S1 :smiley:

2 Likes

don’t forget the ‘sticky backed plastic’ :laughing:

My OSD looks a bit like Deano’s. In my defence, I like to go off exploring, so having the home arrow, distance etc is really handy. Also I often chase a mate with a wing or vice versa, so it’s useful to shout out speed and altitude periodically to try to get roughly in sync with each other. Plus, I have all that shite on my INAV wings, so when I switch to quads it all feels nice and familiar.

I’ve not seen the previous Split-S challenge. Juicy Flicks looks fun. Sadly I tested positive for Covid today so I’m not going to be out flying any time soon, but I’ll fire up the sim and have a go if I can shift this headache…

Hahaha just to be clear that’s not my OSD :rofl:

As @notveryprettyboy and @DeanoG60 know I love my switches ‘cos they talk to me :grinning:
I have a three position for my return to home and I have a comprehensive OSD on top position, middle is very brief just home arrow with distance and altitude. Bottom is my RTH and brings the full OSD back so I get GPS position recorded on the goggles dvr in case I need it :laughing::laughing:

Fixed it for you Steve :+1:t2: :ok_hand:t2: :rofl:

1 Like

See then there’s me, who would have absolutely nothing on screen if it wouldn’t result in my quad likely just dropping out of the sky