Frustrated with rules & regulations

Tried searching for the thread but can’t find it. His Facebook page was quickly removed as was the newspaper article about his new song that included a link to the video.

1 Like

Very Mulder and Scully.

1 Like

Just did a quick search and found this

Interesting that “Under the new measures, which were issued on April 8, officers can fly drones at an altitude of up to 500 metres rather than the normal limit of 400 metres.”

“Journalist” who doesn’t understand imperial/metric… or can they fly that high?!!

1 Like

Hi Tassy. Sorry, I can’t find that particular article anymore but here’s one that might also be of interest to readers here:

Careful when using FPV Goggles:

1 Like

Found it! Chesterfield, not Chorley, I blame old age. This is a link to Derbyshire’s Drone Police story about it.

https://www.facebook.com/100669717950572/posts/258305918853617/

2 Likes

Man, I would really love to know what point Andy was hoping make here…

But a reminder, again, to stay away from the bottom half of the Internet. :wink:

3 Likes

Lot of police vehicles to arrest a man flying a drone there

Some strong probing there! Unlikely to produce the correct results.

2 Likes

Oh well done!

Difference being a professional would use a an aperture setting to make sure the crowd were out of focus reaction or not

Nope.

Yep

Check the above, not one of mine but the first one i found.

I sold literally hundreds of photos with crowd reaction, no model release forms signed.

No GDPR broken, no privacy laws broken.

Check out any of the news channels, loads of folks protesting, no photos blocked out

Yes I checked it and it was taken in 1999… you can sell what you want… thats up to you…
but doing it right or wrong … I have written what is right from wrong in taking pictures… you do what you want… as in the statement you can take photos of people on the street ( I do watch the tv channels and the protests… no photos blocked out ) they are on the street !!! if they are walking by a lake and you photograph someone… they have the right to say it cannot be published… so you should get a release form…

Must admit that I feel exactly the same as the OP regarding ‘rules and regulations’, a hobby should be an aid to rest and recreation.

Bought my Mavic drone November 2019 and it’s never been used, primarily out of concern of getting into trouble. Obviously I researched drone usage and what it entailed before buying it, but since joining GA and seeing in depth the restrictions I’ve no inclination to use it. Bit of a waste of a grand but better that than get into bother with the authorities.

Nigel.

1 Like

Hi Nigel… there are loads of restrictions… but stick to them… thats fine… but flying over your house…that does cause the problems … I have had 2 drones in seven years and the first one i did keep it away from everything… even to the degree that if someone came in the field I brought it down…
The machines are getting smaller and they have more buttons and bells and you cant see them very well at distance… keep on droning mate… we are in it together

1 Like

Strange the fans are wearing the centenary 2020 shirts ;o)

2 Likes

Very strange … keep going. … bet your a Leeds supporter

Bit of a waste of a grand but better that than get into bother with the authorities.

I don’t think you’ll find many members on here who have ever had the slightest bother with the authorities.

2 Likes

Can you give us any link to something that actually says that is the law? Because this advice on photographer’s rights says no permission is required.

1 Like