Fun AND Friendly Edit Challenge - 22nd Otober to 5th November - CLOSED

The aim of this challenge is to help improve our editing skills, and give us something to do during the quieter drone flying months. There are no prizes other than getting to submit a picture of your choice if you are good enough to win the poll.

@speedracer66 you were declared the winner last time out, but unfortunately you voted for your own image which means disqualification.
The honour now passes to @Leylo1971 so when time allows please dig out a photo for us and post a link using WeTransfer
As soon as Ady posts the link you can all go ahead and get busy with your edits.

The Rules, Please Read as they have changed slightly
Use the link below to download the photo provided. Then get editing with any software you choose.
All editing is allowed in this extra long round and you can enter up to 3 edits each for the poll.
Create and post as many edits you like, but please tell us which ones are your entries by clearly marking it “Entry No1, Entry No2, Entry No3” on the top line of your post. Failure to do so may result in your edit not being included in the poll. You do not have to submit 3 entries if you do not wish
Entries can be submitted until 7pm on Sunday 5th of November.
Entries are open @group-challenges

After entries are closed, a poll shall be opened for all forum members to vote on up to three of their favourite edits. The winner will then get the honour of supplying a picture of their choice for the next round.

Will dig something out in a bit :+1:

Just to add that you can now upload up to 100mb images so if it’s not over 100mb then no need to use WT as the link will time out

@Challenges_Committee Can I confirm voting for any of your own submission(s) will result in disqualification, as I cannot see it in the new rules?

We’re not voting yet, voting rules will be posted at vote time.
But yes, it’s one of the few rules we have in this challenge

Heres some images for you all to maul around with. The location is Winnats Pass,the Peak District , Derbyshire

The files are bracketed

Enjoy :+1:

Hmmm I’ve downloaded the 5 images. I’m assuming that we can choose which image to edit ? Or are the Challenges Committee going to pick one of the images ?

They’re bracketed images so you can combine all 5 into 1 using an HDR merge in Lightroom or similar, or alternatively just pick one and use that if you don’t have access to software that can do the merging.

Ahh, thanks for that Rusty. I don’t have lightroom or Photoshop on my computer. I’m a cheapskate so only have Gimp, which I use very rarely, so not really up to date with photo editing. But I’ll have a go later :+1::+1:

the pictures i downloaded are only 960 x 630, am i doing something wrong ?

That’s what I have too

That’s a feature of *.dng files when viewed in most image viewers. They show as a low resolution “thumbnail” in this case quite a big thumb at 960 x 630

Using software like Darktable or Raw Therapee to open the file shows its true size and resolution, in this case 5464 x 3640

Sorry mate, I should have put just a single image in a folder and put the bracketed in another.

Sorry, should have put a jpeg in with the DNG’s, just thought everyone used DNG’s🤷

Entry No. 1

2 Likes

My entry

4 Likes

only one entry per person??

My Entry

2 Likes

New rules…