Fun And Friendly Edit Challenge - December 8th to December 17th - Closed

And so begins the next round @group-challenges
Here we invite @TheBinman to submit a picture of your choice, captured by drone in dng and/or jpg. You are welcome to post AEB and a series of 180/wide panos. Please no 360’s

Maximum file size is 100Mb for direct upload, the site can also accept zip and rar files if you want/need to compress.
If you can only submit a dng then we will happily create a jpg from your original., but we’ll probably do a bodge on that as well :rofl:

The Rules

All entries must be in jpeg or webp format.
Your entry must be a still picture.
Objects may be removed but nothing added. This means adding anything into the picture that was not there in the first place, swapping skies etc.
You may post edits with added objects, but they will not be considered for the poll
Create and post as many edits you like, but please tell us which one is your entry by clearly marking it “My Entry” on the top line of your post, EVEN IF YOU MAKE ONLY ONE ENTRY. Failure to do so may result in your edit not being included in the poll.
Entries can be submitted until 7pm on Sunday 17th December.
After entries are closed, a poll shall be opened for all forum members to vote on up to three of their favourite edits. The winner will then get the honour of supplying a picture of their choice, captured by drone, for the next round.

1 Like

Here’s a picture for everyone to have a tinker with.

Nottingham Wilford Suspension Bridge, over the River Trent.

The bridge was designed by the engineer Arthur Brown of Elliott & Brown (Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy). The plans were drawn up by Frank Beckett Lewis the City Architect. It was constructed by the Nottingham Corporation Water Department at a cost of £8,871 (equivalent to £940,000 in 2021), with the principal purpose of carrying water to Wilford Hill reservoir.

Responsibility for the bridge was transferred from the Nottingham Corporation Water Department in April 1974, upon the reorganisation of the water industry in England and Wales, and subsequently to Severn Trent Water in 1989 prior to the privatisation of the water industry.

Following a restoration in 1983, the bridge was closed to pedestrians in July 2008 for a major restoration, following reports of falling debris. It re-opened on 12 February 2010 after a £1.9m refurbishment.

In the background you can see the lights on Nottingham Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and green algae covered copper roof of Nottingham County Hall (both of which are NFZ😔)

Thanks for all the votes

1 Like

Nice shot, I already have an edit in mind but will have to wait till I can get to my desktop. Crikey, just noticed that this has been up for half an hour? You OK @Kirky,

Hi Darren I’m fine just, have seen the picture not thought what to do with it yet :thinking:

Have not started as I’m having a bit of a crisis with myself :person_facepalming:t2::smiley:

Take it easy Rich and look after yourself, I’m only a message away if you need to

1 Like

:grin:

As @mynameisjoe says - I’m only a message away too Richard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you appreciated very much, new day new start tomorrow, I’ll try to leave the negatives behind :blush:

2 Likes

Picture from my neck of the woods.

My Entry

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENYTRY

3 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

3 Likes

MY ENTRY

2 Likes

MY ENTRY

This is my entry

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Once again we thank you for all your entries :clap:
And seeing as time may be a little tight due to some other kind of competition or challenges going on, we have decided to bring the poll forward a little so you can all concentrate at 8pm!!!

Well, it would appear we have a 3 way tie for first place. Normally the entry from Coastie would be disqualified as they voted for their own entry. But in the haste to get the poll up before the last prize draw, someone forgot to include a copy of the rules!!!
So now we have a 24hr poll to hopefully decide the winner.
You all have one vote each.
Please don’t vote for your own entry, doing so will result in disqualification.
Voting is open to all forum members and associates.
The winner will be invited to submit a drone picture of their own to start the next round.

That serves me right for voting for myself.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I honestly didn’t know the rules. :innocent: