Fun and Friendly Edit Comp Sunday 27th Feb - Sunday 6th March

This is the new thread for this week’s edit comp. Well done to @macspite @Sandbagger @NTSA93 @Mavic2Pro @McSteamy2010 @DeanoG60 for their winning edits :clap:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2:

Rob @macspite Alan @Sandbagger and Nathan @NTSA93 can all upload a new WeTransfer link shortly. You can edit all images but please make clear which image you want entered into the vote. If its not made clear then your most recent edit will be entered into the vote.

To enter just download the images from the wetransfer links and edit away with any software you like. When you’re happy with your edit post the final jpeg back here. The winner each week will supply the image for the next comp. If you win but can’t supply an image let us know and then 2nd place can supply the next image. It is preferred to supply a RAW image for editing if possible but if not a jpeg will do.

Rules:
*You may remove items from an image but cannot add any new elements to the image e.g. changing the sky (you can still post edits with added elements for fun but they will not be entered into the vote)
*You can post as many edits as you like but only one will be entered into the vote, you need to make clear which edit you want entered for the vote, if its not made clear your latest edit will be entered in the vote.
*Your entry must be posted by 8pm Sunday evening every week.
*You can’t vote for your own edit. If you vote for your own edit your edit will be disqualified and the edit with the next most votes will take your place on the podium.

Any questions please feel free to ask, and most importantly have fun!

Thanks for your votes and congratulations everybody ….I won’t be able to upload my image until Monday evening ….sorry @DeanoG60

2 Likes

No worrys mate :+1:t2: got a lot going on at the moment anyways so no rush :+1:t2:

1 Like

The *.dng is in the zip file, *.jpg below for reference

for ffec.zip (18.9 MB)

A shot that is wrong for exposure, contrast and composition

It was part of a pano of the COPP memorial on Hayling seafront

2 Likes

Had a change of mind for image but won’t let me edit or delete the post, so hopefully I’m okay to post this one instead (prefer the comp) and someone can delete the original one and everyone can use this instead. Ta! :smiley:

2 Likes

If you click on the three dots at the bottom of your post @NTSA93 you should see a trash can icon that you can use to delete.

2 Likes

Yeah i tried that but apparently already done it too many times in 24hrs (did the members tutorial so maybe thats why)

2 Likes

Hi Nathan @NTSA93 I have deleted your original post as requested but can you please post a non-hdr version as well please as alot of the guys use Snapseed on mobile for editing and unfortunately hdr images dont play nice with Snapseed :+1:t2:

1 Like

First attempt at these. I have no idea if I am any good at editing pictures as I have dont really have anything to compare it to.

I sometimes think I go a bit over the board with colour and saturation.

3 Likes

Don’t worry too much, just produce an image you like. People’s tastes vary wildly so, unless you know what someone wants from an image edit it into something that pleases you.

And don’t be afraid to come back to the pictures several times during the contest and try a different mix of colour, contrast and crop. You can enter as many times as you like and either only your last edit or the one you specify will be entered into the competition.

Because I have a hand in the RTF Competition I have two browsers - Firefox with a light colour scheme, Chrome with a dark scheme. The same edit can look quite different on a white or a black background!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hi folks sorry for the delay , here is my image for you to play with, its the entrance to the River Tyne, the red light house is called the Groyne it stands on a small pier on the south side of the river entrance, on the north side you might be able to pick out 2 navigation lights the high and low lights they look like square white towers

2 Likes

Non-HDR files for those who need them. There is a lighter exposure and a more mid exposure to play with.

1 Like

My edit for my image and then my competition entry using @Sandbagger Alan’s image

3 Likes

My edit of Nathan’s image … ended up with this night shot !

3 Likes

2 Likes

I thought there was stars and everything until I wiped the dust off my screen :joy: quite the reversal!

1 Like

@NTSA93 ……No stars …nothing added Nathan I just couldn’t do anything with the sky that I liked so I took the exposure right down in a couple of layers and before I knew it this is what I ended up with …not sure if it might look better in B/W

2 Likes

My edit of Rob’s image , not quite what I wanted to achieve, I was trying to focus on the monument and the group of people sitting having a pow wow

2 Likes

A B/W edit of Rob’s image

2 Likes