Fun and Friendly Edit Comp Sunday 5th Dec - Sunday 12th Dec

This is the new thread for this week’s edit comp. Well done to @Sandbagger @clinkadink @macspite @SirGunner @DeanoG60 @gimbalflight @charlieabbottuk for their winning edits :clap:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2:

Please Read As Changes For This Week

As its a 2 way tie we will have both winners add an image for this week’s edit comp if they want too. @Sandbagger and @clinkadink will add the new wetransfer links for everyone to download shortly. Download whichever one you want to edit and post your edit back here to be added to the vote (you can download and edit both images if you like but if you post more than one edit, your latest edited will be the one added to the vote unless you state otherwise which one you would like added to the vote) :+1:t2:

To enter just download the image from the wetransfer link and edit away with any software you like. When you’re happy with your edit post the final jpeg back here. The winner each week will supply the image for the next comp. If you win but can’t supply an image let us know and then 2nd place can supply the next image. It is preferred to supply a RAW image for editing if possible but if not a jpeg will do.

Rules:
*You may remove items from an image but cannot add any new elements to the image e.g. changing the sky (you can still post edits with added elements for fun but they will not be entered into the vote)
*You can post as many edits as you like but only one will be entered into the vote, you need to make clear which edit you want entered for the vote, if its not made clear your latest edit will be entered in the vote.
*Your entry must be posted by 8pm Sunday evening every week.
*You can’t vote for your own edit. If you vote for your own edit your edit will be disqualified and the edit with the next most votes will take your place on the podium.

Any questions please feel free to ask, and most importantly have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks @Challenges_Committee :+1:

Excited to see what can achieved with this HDR DNG of Pembroke Castle, taken last Sunday 28/11/21. I have also included a JPG in case anyone needs it. Good luck :clap:

1 Like

Cheers Chris, look forward to having a play with this mate :+1:t2:

OK, it’s been half an hour. I throw my edit into the ring :wink:

4 Likes

Snapseed doesn’t want to open this file… it trys to open it then just closes the app… :neutral_face:

1 Like

DNG or JPG? If the DNG, maybe because it’s an HDR DNG, i.e. 3 quick shots merged into one.

1 Like

The DNG, yeah just won’t open in snapseed.

1 Like

Try this … non-HDR …

1 Like

Yeah that one works :+1:t2:

2 Likes

OK. Sounds as if Snapseed doesn’t like HDR DNGs from DJI devices :thinking:

1 Like

Here’s my attempt :ok_hand:t2:

@Challenges_Committee Can this image be my entry please.

1 Like

Like Deano I use Snapseed and can’t open the HDR but I’ve had a crack at the standard DNG :+1:t2:

1 Like

For a mobile app snapseed is extremely powerful especially for a free app. You can achieve some really stunning edits with it. And the more I’m taking part in this competition the more I’m learning about what snapseed can actually do! :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve found that when dealing with raw images using the histogram is key to actually developing the image, smooth out all the spikes as best as possible and then move into tuning the image to bring out the colours. Also I use the select tool quite a lot to iron out dark patches. For somebody with absolutely no knowledge on image editing snapseed does a cracking job of simplifying the process :grin:

3 Likes

Wow I wasnt prepared for this, thanks for those who voted, but I need some help I can count on one hand the number of raw files I have, so I had a look on wetransfer selected my image but it states select email to send to ? how do I upload onto GADC …thanks Alan

2 Likes

I agree mate, Snapseed is a fantastic tool especially if you’re working on a mobile device. It’s great to see that this comp is helping you improve your editing skills Deano and most of all having fun and enjoying it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Alan congrats on your win :ok_hand:t2: When you have uploaded your image to WeTransfer there should be an option you can select to give you a link rather than the email option. Just copy the link and post the link back here on a separate line by itself :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Sorry folks not a fantastic image to work on but sure you will do your best …Camel Island a small island only about 20m off the cliffs at Marsden Bay South Shields…Alan

2 Likes

@SirGunner …Thanks Steve I think that’s it uploaded for what its worth not an exciting image but cant wait to see what the regulars come up with :wink:

2 Likes

Thats great thanks Alan :+1:t2:

Here’s a jpeg version incase anyone needs it

1 Like