Fun Friendly Edit Comp

OK so after some discussion yesterday I’m starting this Fun Friendly Edit Comp thread. Its abit of a work in progress but the basic premise is a link to a wetransfer download containing a RAW image file will be posted along with a corresponding jpeg upload.
Anyone can then download either the RAW or jpeg and edit the shit out of it (or not if preferred). After you have edited the image you can post it back in this thread as a jpeg to show off your work. After 7 days by way of a vote (probably a poll but not been decided yet) the ‘winner’ will be decided. The winner can then give a quick description of what they did to get their image, for others (by others I mean me) to hopefully learn a bit more about editing :slightly_smiling_face:

Rules: Only 1 rule, no Auto Adjustments. All editing needs to be Manual Adjustments.
You can edit as much or as little as you like. Natural or In your face over the top, whatever you like, go wild! :+1:t2:

So heres the first Image to start the ball rolling

https://we.tl/t-Lr21d7gXa7

6 Likes

I’ll kick off the edits, not an easy one this one. (For me anyway)

Are we aloud frames :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yes

1 Like

10 Likes

Nice job guys!

You can cut n paste KingKong into the frame if you like Steve :+1:t2: :grin:

2 Likes

First Edit

8 Likes

Love it Mark! Had a double take thinking “I don’t remember having birds in that pic :thinking::joy:

2 Likes

2nd could be here all night lol

6 Likes

10 Likes

3rd and Final Good nite

3 Likes

Here you go Steve…

5 Likes

YES

5 Likes

:shushing_face:

3 Likes

Thats a great edit John :ok_hand:

1 Like

Stuck it L4 and threw everything at it!

7 Likes

Done with Luminar AI

1 Like

Both cool edits John but I have to say I really love what you’ve done with that first one :heart_eyes: that works great

1 Like

Just a thought…is adding stuff to an image that wasn’t in the original raw classed as manual adjustments?

1 Like

Thats a good question John :thinking: I wouldn’t know where to start adding stuff to an image. Is it an automated process? I’m open to extra/adjusted rules. What’s everyone’s views?

1 Like

It was just a thought on my part Steve. My idea of editing an image is taking the raw file and getting the best out of it that you can. I’m not a fan of adding anything to an image that wasn’t there at the taking stage. As the old saying goes … get it right in camera.

2 Likes