GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Thanks fir that Naz. You just missed the leaderboard update tonight but the full four points will be added to the board tomorrow evening.

1 Like

Today’s entry - Hook Moor Wind Farm, near Aberford.

1. Wind Powered

I claim a Bonus point as there are 4 or more sails
I claim a Bonus point as it is commercial generating power
I claim a Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link below

1 Like

We will allow three points - for illustrating the subject, for commercial use and for the addition to Drone Scene.

Each tower contains the generator, gearing and control gear. The rotor hub carries three blades not sails.

Sorry.

3 Likes

Item 18. Lake or Reservoir
Loch Leven (View from up on Benarty Hill)

I claim 1 bonus point for:

2 Likes

Second entry of the day…

1. Traffic Roundabout
    A642 as you enter Garforth from the M1.

I claim Bonus point if 4 or more exits
and a bonus point if no vehicles

2 Likes

No need to be sorry! Thanks.

Hi Sam @Sam_B I’m afraid on closer inspection it appears your Viaduct image was taken back in May (Metadata is being checked on images). Due to this your Viaduct image has to be disallowed as images submitted for the Birthday Competition need to be taken during the dates the competition is running. We can see you only joined today and as such assume you haven’t read through the rules fully. For this reason we are allowing you to retake the Viaduct/Aqueduct subject if you wish after having a thorough read through the rules
Paying particular attention to rule number 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[slowly amending my plans pretending I wasn’t intending on photographing a wind farm :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:]

I was actually going to ask about this, purely out of interest, because…

This implies that if your entry is not confirmed as eligible then it can be replaced or substituted for another entry at a later date. Whether you’re new here or not. :grin:

Jez, you appear to have read and assimilated the rules. You are correct. :+1:

We thought that the experienced contestants would submit valid entries (with the occasional mis-claimed bonus point). If just a bonus point (or points) is disallowed, the rest of your entry is still valid. However, if your entry is rejected in its entirety you have the chance to retake it.

1 Like

Woo-hoo!
Of course, you’re right, and you’d expect most people to at least get the main subject matter correct. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s kick off my campaign!

Claiming max points please.

10 or more red Royal Mail vehicle✔️
5 or more Royal mail post person outside :heavy_check_mark:

Taken from a MP TOAL from my companys land opposite. Canterbury Street army reserve centre (with permission)

6 Likes

Item 6. Viaduct or Aqueduct
Windsor-Slough Train Viaduct

I claim 3 bonus points:

4 Likes

Second submission of the day.

Canterbury Street army reserve centre has been derelict since 2016 when the Army Reserve unit based here was dispanded (although Wikipedia states otherwise, they are incorrect the army cadet force have their own seperat building) the main drill hall building is listed (see link below) there have been several break ins and rough sleepers in here over the years and the building is now in an unsafe state.

Claiming max points for,

Drone scene submission :heavy_check_mark:
Listed Building status :heavy_check_mark:
Wikipedia link supplied :heavy_check_mark:

4 Likes

Item 2. Abandoned Building
Ravenscraig Castle

I claim 2 bonus points:

7 Likes

Ledston Luck Wheelhouse 2

1. Abandoned Building
  • I claim a bonus point as it is listed on [British listed buildings website ]

*I am trying to claim a bonus point as it is listed on a wikipedia link

3 Likes

Tony,

We don’t seem to be helping you much as you begin your campaign to win one of the cash prizes. Your plan to photograph turbines with blades came to nothing and now we are drawing your attention to the rules:

Only one image is allowed per post, the image may only illustrate one objective. Two or more images captured from the same location will be disallowed.

Unfortunately you have chosen to illustrate two subjects - An Abandoned Building and A Royal Mail Depot - from the same vantage point just 73 seconds apart which falls foul of this rule.

We are offering one concession though. In this particular instance we are prepared to let one of your entries stand.

Which one is it to be?

You can retake the subject you discard at a different location.

We will allow the claim, there is no rule that the link has to be exclusive to the subject of the photo.

Ledston looks like a great place for those interested in old buildings!

1 Like

I can assure you it deffo is not

I was born a mile away, had friends who worked the pit (I actually got a tour down to the coal face as a young man, a pit where in the 80’s they were still hacking seams with picks).

The miners strike killed the surrounded area, like it did so many (politics aside)

The remaining buildings have been fucked over local kids, for anyone who is interested

2 Likes

Don’t be sorry, the rules are the rules! I did have an image which shjowed the building on its own too :man_facepalming:

Please could the abandoned building be left to stand and I will go back to the drawing board on the postal depot.

Thanks. :roll_eyes:

1 Like