GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Thanks Tony.

The Drill Hall it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Certain apparent anomalies have been reported that have prompted the following addition to the rules.

In the case of any dispute or query the committee may request the original, unedited and uncropped image that has formed part of a submission. This may be sent to them by means of a message to @Challenges_Committee.

Everything else remains the same :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the event of such a query leading to a disqualification, will the submitter be allowed to replace their entry?

I’m not planning any transgression, just checking for clarity. :wink:

Blachford Viaduct, Devon - 12 Spans, Listed Structure Viaduct

http://abcrailwayguide.uk/bridge-mln123713251-cornwood-devon#.YSZhPtNKiUo

1. Viaduct or Aqueduct

I claim 3 bonus points for:

• Bonus point if a vehicle or vessel is crossing it :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if 12 or more arches :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:

I accept that 12 spans are not visible due to the trees (so if I lose a point, sobeit . Spelling mistake in the dronescene entry - no ‘t’ in the name.

2 Likes

@DroneGeek - thanks for your entries and thank you for documentary proof that the viaduct has 12 arches. If you had just submitted the photo we would have rejected your claim as it would not be possible to infer the 12 arches from the visual evidence.

You get the point. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately we are going to reject your Reflecting Off The Water for a lack of, … sun reflecting off water. Clouds, yes, some white specks in the distance that could be swans and a helpful Drone Scene entry

But no sun!

You are welcome to submit another picture.

2 Likes

Clarification please - is a ‘dumper truck’ a ‘truck’?

I mean it has truck in the name…

What do you mean could be swans? Have you seen a swan - it has a neck that sticks up :rofl:? Plenty of sun reflecting (it was behind me) - do you need to see the sun?

Second entry of the day.
Train moving from East Garforth towards Micklefield on the Transpennine route.

1. Commuter Train
  • I claim a Bonus point as it’s Moving
  • I claim a Bonus point as it has 4 or more carriages

PS. first ever attempt at a video link, hope it works!

5 Likes

For the purposes of this competiton we are a truck to be a heavy commercial vehicle (HCV) constructed in such a way that it is legal to drive on single track, dual carriageway and motorways in the United Kingdom. So no dumper trucks :no_entry_sign:

What do you mean could be swans? Have you seen a swan - it has a neck that sticks up :rofl:? Plenty of sun reflecting (it was behind me) - do you need to see the sun?
[/quote]

An egret or a heron also has a neck that sticks up. We would prefer pictures that clearly show the bird in question rather than requiring us to ask Bill Oddie can he stick the image under his microscope,

Do we need to see the sun? Do we need to see the item requested for the treasure hunt actually in the picture? We will leave that with you … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It does. 3 points : :slight_smile: :three:

4 Likes

I dread posting this - but here I go. Confidence isn’t high :frowning:

I hopefully claim three bonus points

1. Lake or Reservoir
  • Bonus point if there’s a jetty :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if there’s a fisherman :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:

The fisherman can clearly be seen (I hope) on one of the many jettys at the top of the picture with his rods behind him.

4 Likes

4th Birthday Challange
Entry Image Item 16 Castle
Image taken today Tickhill Castle 1 Point Claimed

Bonus point Claimed adding entry to Drone Scene
link posted below

Bonus Point Claimed Wikipedia Link Provided

Bonus Point Claimed water Filled Moat on western side of castle.

Total Claimed 4 Points

5 Likes

4th Birthday Challenge
Photo Entry Item 6 Viaduct or Aqueduct
Image taken today Penistone Viaduct Claiming one Point

Bonus Point Claimed more than 12 Arches
Bonus Point Claimed Train Crossing Viaduct Sheffield-Huddersfield Train
Bonus Point Claimed adding to drone scene link below

Total 4 Points Claimed

4 Likes

We dread receiving your posts … :frowning:

Ok, have them. You;ve worn us down …

“Clearly” is such a subjective word …

1 Like

:cry:

1 Like

download (8)

As the completion hots up and data processing becomes more intensive we have upgraded our IT equipment to this cordless portable

click the pick for the latest leaderboard news
4 Likes

I do like these link photographs to the leader boards, great idea :clap: :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok. So this was one of my concerns with one of the items and now it’s reared itself, so it’s not just me being a flake.

It requires us to potentially get closer to wildlife than some may be comfortable with in order to identify it’s the correct species if distance shots aren’t good enough. Especially when it involves other multiple species of the flying kind usually in the same area that as we know don’t always take kindly to drones and can be a bit unpredictable plus the added complication of water. I guess the risk is up to the pilot at the end of the day, if it don’t look safe, move on and find somewhere else, but not sure should be encouraging shots in potential areas with high density of wildlife. I’m all for pissing off humans. Wildlife not so much. Just my two cents and an opinion.

Not asking for a long winded justification reply as appreciate tons of thought have gone into these and the bonus points and they must have passed some sort of system for their inclusion.

Thanks for the quote fix @PingSpike bloody phones.

2 Likes

In response to your concern on wildlife or birds in particular, these are a hazard on a daily basis to us as drone pilots, as you yourself have mentioned above …

We aren’t asking you to get close enough to decapitate them, we are asking that they are in shot and clear enough for us to see. this can be done from a safe distance.

Please note that the full treasure list isn’t compulsory and any treasure you find yourself uncomfortable with or otherwise please feel free to leave out.

2 Likes

From the land of roundabouts Milton Keynes intersection of Snowdon drive and Carrington Gate(MK6 1AJ)

Subject Entry 1. Traffic Roundabout

I claim bonus points for:

• Bonus point if 4 or more exits
  • Bonus point if no vehicles
  • Bonus point if single tree in the center

Total of 4points please

4 Likes

Ok Nitpicking as been as I’m on one! :joy:. Are Pools/fisheries allowed in this item? @DroneGeek entry looks neither like a reservoir or a lake to me? I’m not sure what the difference is between a lake and a pool if I’m honest.