GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Also got one approved today pretty quickly for next week (website said they wanted 7 days notice but they replied pretty quick) hopefully weather holds out. Although he did have a slight grumble that it involves 3 hours worth of paperwork! :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The scoreboard is looking great guys and I have a feeling there are some pilots holding back with there entries to post at a later date…. :smiley: still all to play for and going to be an exciting few weeks ahead :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Entry 4th Birthday Challenge.

Item 2 Abandoned Building

Grimsby Ice House Situated on Grimsby Docks Image taken 20th August 2021
Claim 1 Point

Claim 1 Bonus Point Listed on British Listed Buildings Website Link attached

Claim 1 Bonus Point supply Wikipedia Link

Claim 1 Bonus Point adding to Drone Scene link attached

Grimsby Ice Factory added to Everything Else in Yorkshire and the Humber by john768 on 20/08/2021

Former grimsby Ice Factory

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

View and discuss this location on Grey Arrows.

Co-ordinates: 53.57735, -0.070982 • what3words: ///blaze.hammer.crown
The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 20/08/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.
Total 4 Points Claimed

6 Likes

My daughter wondered if it had burnt down, I said no it has sadly melted away :wink:

1 Like

Its in very poor condition they are still planning to convert it into a venu.,hate to think how much it would cost,and if people would visit it on a fish docks

2 Likes

I know the very building as I used to load fish further down that road for Holland and Germany

Ice factory Moment of fame
The Grimsby Ice Factory was used in the 2007 film Atonement.
Stars: Keira Knightley, James McAvoy, Benda Blethyn, and others
Watched movie small section appears that was shot at ice House mainly interior shots nothing that you could relate to “Grimsby”

1 Like

Item 17 Narrow Gauge Railway

Claim 1 point
1 Bonus Point Train on Track
1 Bonus Point Commercial Takes fare Paying Passengers
1 Bonus Point Added to drone Scene Link below
Total 4 Points Claimed

Cleethorpes light railway added to Everything Else in Yorkshire and the Humber by john768 on 21/08/2021

Plenty of Free Parking Nearby on Kingsway. plenty of open beach to take off from

Land owner permission not required.

View and discuss this location on Grey Arrows.

Co-ordinates: 53.54885, -0.013754 • what3words: ///nests.moon.mute
The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 21/08/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

@john768 Thank you for your entries, the leaderboard will be updated this evening. :+1:

1 Like

Thought this may come in handy, I put one together last year to help me when I was out n about with the drone.

It is a printable list of the subjects to photographed.

GADCBday(1).docx (19.9 KB)

1 Like

Nice one :+1: i like it very much

1 Like

Thanks for doing that Tony :slight_smile:

So we can expect to welcome your entries in here some time soon?

2 Likes

Nice one, cheers! :+1:

From tomorrow onwards :ok_hand: been a little busy with work. But got some freedom soon

4 Likes

Item 17 Narrow Gauge Railway

Whistlestop Valley Huddersfield.

Claim 1 point
1 Bonus Point Train on Track
1 Bonus Point Commercial Takes fare Paying Passengers
1 Bonus Point Added to drone Scene Link below
Total 4 Points Claimed

2 Likes

First of todays entries:

1. AONB Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Reigate Fort in the Surrey Hills AONB.

I claim a

• Bonus point for adding to [Drone Scene ]
2 Likes

Item 6. Viaduct or Aqueduct

Cefn-coed Viaduct

I claim 2 bonus points for:

1 Like

Thanks Sam, the leaderboard will be updated sometime after the Archers finish :slight_smile:

Can we remind all competitors that , although we really appreciate well-composed videos and photos, your primary task is to show the subjects that have been requested.

So, if it’s a picture of an isolated church please don’t crop it so we can’t determine that fact without having to fire up Google Earth. Similarly if we ask for 12 arches of a viaduct please make it obvious there are at least twelve.:slight_smile:

Rant over

2 Likes

b6b7eacae6c63a09320667b3000a2cdc

This competition features more ties than Burton’s window!

Click the pic for the latest scores!

Photo was taken on 24.08.21

1. Tennis Courts

Roundhay Park Tennis Courts Leeds

• Bonus point if a doubles game is being played
  • Bonus point if 4 or more courts are in use
  • Bonus point if the courts are green
4 Likes