GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Fisheries tend to claim the water they stock with fish as lakes. It sounds more expansive than pond. @DroneGeek s points stand. You are also welcome to capture an image of a fishery.

Thank you for your input

2 Likes

Thanks, suddenly makes that particular item a ton easier as finding proper lakes/reservoirs round here that allow fishing let alone have jettys and allow drones was a challenge. So thanks for unlocking that one @DroneGeek :wink:

1 Like

National Geographic says…

A lake is a body of water that is surrounded by land. There are millions of lakes in the world. They are found on every continent and in every kind of environment—in mountains and deserts, on plains, and near seashores.

Lakes vary greatly in size. Some measure only a few square meters and are small enough to fit in your backyard. Such small lakes are often referred to as ponds.

Please let us not allow this to descend into picking holes in one another.

I am still a very inexperienced flyer and today I have enjoyed flying including over water. I have pushed myself further than ever before. I didn’t fly for a few months.

I am really looking forward to visiting new places and improving my skills. And boy do I need to do that.

But then if we are going to pick holes in one another then what is the point of it?

I am not having a go at anyone.

So please don’t take it as that.

I am hoping that my interpretation of the requests do not fall foul again. But I suspect that they might as one person’s view is different to another.

I also hope that my posts are welcome here.

This is a bit of fun, that will encourage flying in a safe way.

I am looking forward to the rest of the next month, whether it finishes on a Monday, Saturday or another ending in day :rofl:

3 Likes

Not nitpicking you mate, and as you rightly say this is supposed to be fun, and I too as a noob am enjoying the challenges this brings and trying new things and places. It was more for the committee to clarify what actually classes as a lake or a reservoir.

Look forward to seeing your entries.

2 Likes

24. Isolated Church

St John the Evangelist, Wotton, Surrey
Captured 25th August 2021

Bonus points
Further than 100m away from the nearest building (Got 300m on a map)
Added to Drone Scene:
https://dronescene.co.uk/where-to-fly-drone/st-john-the-evangelist-church/south-east/1204
https://greyarro.ws/t/st-john-the-evangelist-church-added-to-places-of-worship-in-south-east/35818

3 Points Please!

3 Likes

Daniel.

To keep any nitpickers off your back could you please delete one of the images?

Only one image is allowed per post, the image may only illustrate one objective.

Either will do. If the time allowed for editing has run out then simply resubmit your post with just one picture. Thanks for taking the trouble to clarify the isolated nature of the building.

Your three points are safe!

Viaduct or Aqueduct CLAIM 1POINT
Bonus point if 12 or more arches CLAIM 1 POINT
Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene 18 and posting a link with your entryCLAIM 1 POINT

Bit miffed I didn’t stick around long enough for a train to pass on the Viaduct. Point lost.

5 Likes

Thanks @harmchar 3 points added to the board

I am very jealous of windmills available to you guys in the South. There are no known windmills in Scotland that I can find. Great photo.

2 Likes

It’s not just windmills that have sails… :wink:

I know, but the next tall ship that’s anywhere close is leaving Ullapool on the 29th. :male_detective:t2:

The deadline isn’t until the 30th. No pressure at all there… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I had to wait best part of an hour as the 12:17 train yesterday was cancelled. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for doing list really comes in handy when out and about

1 Like

4th Birtday Challenge

Item 23 Solar farm

Claim 1 Point

1 Bonus Point Claimed more than 30 rows
1 Bonus Point Claimed adding to drone scene posting link

Photograph Taken laceby 20th August 2021

3 Likes

Unofficial leaderboard right here (no doubt @Challenges_Committee will tell me if I’ve added up wrong!):

=1st: #2 Abandoned buildings (8)
=1st: #6 Viaducts (8)
3rd: #24 Isolated church (7)
=4th: #1 Traffic roundabout (6)
=4th: #23 Solar farm (6)

Still all to play for, and plenty of time to get off the starting blocks for #5 Dronies, #7 Mobile cranes, #9 Car parks, #10 Canal lock, #12 Citroen H Van, #14 Cricket match, #19 Highest point in county, #20 Sun reflecting on water through the feathers on the back of a very large swan, #22 Construction site and #25 Interesting thing in an FRZ.

2 Likes

Entry 4th Birthday Challenge

Item 19 Highest Point in My County

Wold Top Lincolnshire Near Caistor

1 Point Claimed

Bonus Point Claim 1 Point 360 Pano

Bonus Point Claimed 1 Point Adding To Drone Scene link attached below

Total 3 Points Claimed

5 Likes

Question regarding Isolated Church Item 24

The photograph show walesby Church Lincolnshire. I was going to use it for my entry… I have noticed that there is a shelter for the sheep which I have marked with blue circle.
Question would this count as a building. The main brick built building situated in top left of shot are more than 100 metres away. If this will be classed as a building Will use my second choice of Church

2 Likes

@john768 thanks for asking.
I very doubt that the pig sty is on the deeds of the grounds and therefor would not be classed as an official building. We will allow this photo :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Thanks fo that , pays to check and ask.
John