GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Thanks John!

Question for committe re Item 9
With regards item 9 claiming 1 bonus point for having 4 red cars adjacent
I have a 27sec video that I have taken of a car park starts with group of blue cars then pans out to show more than 100 car then end with a grouping of red cars.

Question is would the grouping of red cars be good enough to claim bonus point for 4 red cars adjacent to each other. In an ideal world they could have parked the red cars next to each other. Screen grab of red grouping attached

Good question.

No.

Three cars in a column or in a row.

We assume that the cars in your photo are pre-delivery with protective plastic. That’s pushing the boundaries of “red car”

Back to the drawing board thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Yes, the image is mine, taken at the same time as the video with the same MM. Not sure why metadata doesn’t show any useful info :thinking:
Anyway, here is sped up version

2 Likes

Thought it was 4?

What about in a T formation. So four together without any spaces but one in front of the other three.

That would be adjacent.

And no wrapping :joy:

Doesn’t actually say in a row or column. So touching via one of the 4 sides of a vehicle would be adjacent?

1 Like

Item 3. Royal Mail Depot
Taken yesterday at Salmon Springs Royal mail depot, Stroud.

Claiming 1 bonus point for 10 or more RM vehicles.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the trouble for doing that. Sorry for the hassle but had we not pointed out that your entry didn’t comply with the rules we are sure someone else would have :slight_smile:

Might have found 4 in a row for both :joy:

It is. The answer to the original question was posted without having to climb all the way back up to the third post of this thread to check the wording

In the long, drawn out discussions before the subjects were finalised the quantity had been three but many such values were changed to four in honour of the landmark GADC 4th Birthday.

It does now :slight_smile:

Better get thinking about the 20th birthday now! Might be tough! :joy:

Will we still have drones?

Or will it be all hoverboards and monkey butlers and no red cars at all whether in a row or not?

Hardly. It’s still clearly a red car.
I realise dissent toward the committee is risky, but given I was contemplating a similar scenario I felt it was worth pushing back slightly on this one. :grin:

CORRECT :skull: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull: :skull_and_crossbones:

We said that calling a car part shrouded in white plastic was pushing the boundaries. We would accept a car as depicted in the picture example as red. However we would not entertain such a claim if the car was totally covered nor would we accept an entry where the size of the plastic shrouded car or the lighting thereof made it difficult to determine the colour without any doubt.

Less contentious vehicles may be found in the car parks of most out-of-town retail parks.

1 Like

Parish Church of Beeston Saint Lawrence, Norfolk. Taken today at 16.30.

I claim 2 bonus points for:

2 Likes

No problem. It was my mistake! I should read the rules more carefully next time :blush:

1 Like

Wait, is @Steviegeek just trolling us by pretending he’s ready to start submitting his devastating run of entries? :thinking:

Hall Solar Farm
Osbaston, Nuneaton CV13 0BB
52.626436, -1.369347

I claim three points for:

• The site
  • More than 30 rows
  • DroneScene entry and link.

scorers

Part of the scorekeeping team discussing whether to allow a contentious point

Click the pic to be WHOOSHED to the leaderboard
1 Like

Whilton Mill Kart Circuit