GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Thanks @Challenges_Committee

One last cheeky question regarding the County entry. I was going to do Warwickshire, but as my locaiton information states, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands!

Could I hypothetically enter the highest point for the West Midlands (assuming no one got there before me) and claim all the points! :smiley:

So where do you live? Which town or village and is it in the Metropolitan county of West Midlands or in the current area of the county of Warwickshire?

We are aware that part of the historic county of Warwickshire formed the new metropolitan county after the passage of the Local Government Act 1972. We are not aware that one location can be subject of two local government authorities at county level

I appreciate the clear answer according to Wikipedia is Warwickshire, but if you don’t ask… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@firstadekit thanks for asking this question, I didn’t want to rattle the cage if the judging beasts! :joy:

Whilst we are on the subject @GADC_Committee is there a specific distance we should aim to keep between submissions? For instance I have pictures taken that day from around 60 yards away from my submissions at post #194 of the Royal mail depot.

I claim bonus points for

• a Monument being in the background
  • holding a Happy Birthday Grey Arrows Poster
  • Drone Scene entry
6 Likes

@TonyDM Tony, all we ask is that there is significant enough movement of the aircraft such as to make it obvious to the observers that the pictures have been taken from different viewpoints.

1 Like

Great effort @Earwig :+1: Points added

1 Like

In that case seens as I had taken many pics on the day, could I please resubmit for :

Claiming 3 points Inc the following bonuses.

10 or more Royal mail vehicles
5 or more staff.

The vantage point being deferent by around 55 yards

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Thanks for clarifying the movement. points added :+1:

1 Like
  1. Abandoned Building

4 points claimed

1 Like

As the competition intensifies, keen treasure hunters become all the more impassioned in the search for bonus points…

1. Wind Powered
  • Bonus point if there are 4 or more sails :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:

3 points claimed

2 Likes

1 Like

Reminds me of last year!

According to my spreadsheet with 26 columns and 29 rows - anyone can win it :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Popularity update

Treasure ------------------------------- Entries
Isolated Church ------------------------- 14
Viaduct ------------------------------------ 12
Abandoned Building ------------------- 12
Roundabout ----------------------------- 10
Castle ------------------------------------- 10
Solar Farm ------------------------------- 10
Royal Mail --------------------------------- 9
Highest Point ----------------------------- 8
Narrow Gage ----------------------------- 7
Commuter Train ------------------------- 6
Cricket Match ---------------------------- 6
AONB -------------------------------------- 6
Motor Sport Track ----------------------- 6
360 Excavator ---------------------------- 5
Wind Powered --------------------------- 5
Canal Lock -------------------------------- 4
Tennis Court ------------------------------ 3
Dronie -------------------------------------- 2
Lake or Reservoir ----------------------- 2
Car Park ----------------------------------- 1
Citroen H ---------------------------------- 1
FRZ ----------------------------------------- 1
Mobile Crane ----------------------------- 0
Sun Reflecting --------------------------- 0
Construction Site ------------------------ 0

2 Likes

Item 25. Something interesting in an FRZ - THREE points for this item

Baginton Castle AKA Bagots Castle

Taken this morning around 9am

• Your entry MUST be accompanied by documentation showing that you had obtained permission to fly in the FRZ

And proof I made the calls (and also accidentally almost called again taking that screen shot! :rofl:)

• Tell us why it’s interesting!
    This castle has been laid to ruins not once, but twice! Originally built in 12th Century. Rebuilt in the 14th Century and again fell to ruins due to poor upkeep. In the 17th century a hall was built on the East Wing. That burnt down and was rebuilt, guess what, it burnt down again and was never replaced. The land was then purchased by the boy scouts in the 20th century to build an adventure playground. It never materialised (just as well, would probably have burnt down) It’s now privately owned and helped maintained by volunteers and is open over the summer months to visitors.

• Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry
    Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Baginton Castle (Bagots Castle - Castles and Fortifications in West Midlands

6 Likes

Thanks for the info - full points!

2 Likes
  1. A Dronie/Selfie

With full on bomber jacket and aviators.

• Bonus point for a Monument being in the background
  • Bonus point if holding a Happy Birthday Grey Arrows Poster Make it a good one, these may be judged at a later date :smirk:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry
6 Likes

thanks for the Birthday poster :slight_smile: