GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

I’ve just been out to capture a commuter/intercity train. Got all set up and just about ready to go, when I realised I’d left the SD card at home in the back of my computer… duh! Epic fail! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Just done exactly the same!

2 Likes

Not alone
Been there and done it ,thats why I bought two so always have spare.
John

At least with the MA2 it will save on the drone, but yes we have all done it!

Keep a spare in the car ?/ :smiley:

I am glad I had 3, means I still have 2 after one went down with the M2 on Saturday haha.

download (17)

A quiet day at Challenges Central. A brace of operatives deal with contestant queries while the rest, err, engage in research

Click the pic for leaderboard updates!
  1. The Highest Point In My County

Slieve Donard at 2790 feet (850 metres), the highest point in County Down. Captured earlier today with my Mini 2.

I’d like to claim a bonus point for a 360 pano (from DJI Fly) and a second bonus point for adding the location to Drone Scene please.

3 Likes

Not just County Down, but all of Northern Ireland. It’s on a very loose “to do” list of mine to go with Scafell Pike, Snowden and Ben Nevis.

2 Likes

It’s so frustrating watching this thread knowing I am snowed under with work at present, I have most of my submissions mapped out already too :man_facepalming:

My observer and I travelled some distance to get a pic/video of a viaduct. After parking we realised it was some walk across a field and as the rain had just started we gave up to return another day. We spent some time looking for another entry for the challenge and alas we were not fortunate with our day.
We did find a field near to home where the wheat had already been cut - so a video later on for the general site.

15 days gone, 30 to go. Planning is a major part of the challenge. Plenty of time for taking pictures :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s hard to pick a favourite spot, there are so many. It would have been a suitable candidate for no 11. as well but the powers that be might have had something to say about that. :thinking:

Bastards aren’t they? :slight_smile:

1 Like

They should change their name to the GOCD committee :innocent:

Steviegeek

Keep a spare in the car ? :smiley:

That’s just rubbing salt into the wound… as I do normally but moved the spare cards to my van last week for my Anglesey trip… :see_no_evil:

And 17 days until you absolutely must start posting if you intend to complete every item. :wink:

1 Like

I did go to a spot on my lunch today which on Google maps looks idea for a commuter train shot in actual fact the spot wasn’t great for TOAL. Hoping to get some in later this week

1 Like

Hi @Challenges_Committee can I get some clarification on some rules please. :slight_smile:

Apologies for tagging some participants. I’m not nit picking, I’ve held back some entries until I could find better alternatives and to use one or the other due to potentially falling foul of a rule, but am seeing some discrepancy in awarded points.

In post #202 GADC 4th Birthday Challenge - #202 by Challenges_Committee you informed @TonyDM had to lose one of his Royal Mail Depot or Abandoned Buildings post for falling foul of rule:

Only one image is allowed per post, the image may only illustrate one objective. Two or more images captured from the same location will be disallowed.

Citing the same vantage point only 73 seconds apart.

In posts #467 GADC 4th Birthday Challenge - #467 by Wez1200rt and #468 GADC 4th Birthday Challenge - #468 by Wez1200rt @Wez1200rt has been awarded points for 2 entries that are clearly within a short distance from each other. The construction site can clearly be seen in the first picture. Is the construction points allowed because the vantage point is different?

One other question, I have been beaten to entering the drone scene entry for the highest point in my county (literally as far away as it could be from where I am, grr :wink: ) can I still visit, and claim 2 points but miss out on the Drone Scene point? I guess there’s other people taking part within the same counties.

You are correct in both instances Tony’s picture was pretty much a vdownward shot of the drill hall and a tilt up of the camera for the depot across the road.

Mark’s shots were separated by appreciable movement of the aircraft, although he may not had moved we judged that the vantage points were different.

You may certainly take a picture of the highest point i your county and claim points. If the point from which you take the picture is less than one km from an existing Drone Scene entry then no bonus can be claimed:

To earn the point a Drone Scene marker and description must be placed on the map shortly after your flight. The place to which it relates must be at least 1 kilometre measured on the Drone Scene map from any prior entry.