GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

You mean, you’re not going to add “Highway Infrastructure” to the list of DroneScene categories? I’m deeply disappointed… :wink:

None at all. I was on the process of working out how to do that myself… :joy:

Have another traffic island. As highlighted in my Drone Scene entry you may wish to remove this one too, but more for a health and safety perspective (mainly because of the bloody seagulls). I’d hate to see it becoming a drone hot spot, someone being an idiot and bad press ensures.

Anyway…

1. Traffic Roundabout

Not the best picture as seagulls were being a PITA trying to get a front vantage point of the monument.

I claim 1 bonus point for:

• 4 or more exits

Taken Spitfire Island, Birmingham 18/08/21 7:30pm.

Added to DroneScene here

1 Like

Thank you for your entry Ade @firstadekit

Confused:

1. To enter an item for the Challenge you need to make a post in this thread containing:

Your photo or video
    The number and name of the objective it relates to
    Which, if any, bonus points relating to that objective you are claiming
    The link to the newly published information in Drone Scene (if any)

So should we use common sense on if a worth drone scene entry? I’m sure we don’t want a ton of traffic islands (unless it maybe has a wikipedia entry for some sort of interest) and royal mail depots, but aquaducts etc might be useful.

Updated to stop confusion.

1 Like

Okay, seems to be a lot of confusion relating to Drone Scene.

Rules have now been updated to read the following…

Drone Scene bonus points have been added to the treasures that we thought deserved a mention on Drone Scene.

Not all treasures require Drone Scene admissions so please read each treasure before posting.

2 Likes

Beauty is everywhere :wink:

2 Likes

:+1: All the answers are there, Good luck

:rofl:

1 Like

Second (and final) entry for today. Bure Valley Narrow Gauge Railway near Aylsham, Norfolk.

I claim 2 (maybe 3?) bonus points for:

Taken at 10.15am on 19/08/2021.

8 Likes

Do you think we can get “Little Alex Horne” to do the introduction for next year’s treasure hunt?

(With apologies to non-viewers of Taskmaster…)

Thank you again @rustybarnet, Steaming ahead with your second entry. :+1:

@JoeC, that season of Taskmaster somewhat doused the candle I’d been holding for Ms Parkinson. :slightly_frowning_face:

They take money in return for providing ta service. Sounds commercial to us. You have the point :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Okay here we go, first entry :+1: :grinning:

1. Abandoned Building

Cambusnethan House/Priory taken today (19/08/21) at 14:56 - Mavic 2 Pro
I claim bonus point for:
Listing on British Listed Buildings - Cambusnethan House, Wishaw, North Lanarkshire (britishlistedbuildings.co.uk)
Listing on Wikipedia - Cambusnethan House - Wikipedia
I was just about to add this to Drone Scene, but I see @JoeC was there first - Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Cambusnethan Priory - Historic Buildings in Scotland (dronescene.co.uk) I assume we don’t want multiple entries clogging up Drone Scene?

9 Likes

Following quickly on, my second entry for today :+1: :grinning:

1. Royal Mail Depot

My local Royal Mail Depot in Cambuslang, Glasgow taken this afternoon (19/08/21) at 16:23 - Mini 2.
I claim a bonus point for 10 or more red post office vehicles.

11 Likes

Thanks for your entries @Drumsagard points on the board and off to a great start.
Note on the DS question, you’re absolutely right, we don’t want duplicate DS additions. If you want the DS bonus point for any item you need to find a target that has not already been added to DS :+1:t2:

From the rules:

To earn the point a Drone Scene marker and description must be placed on the map shortly after your flight. The place to which it relates must be at least 1 kilometre measured on the Drone Scene map from any prior entry.

3 Likes

blog-114-main

click the pic for today’s leaderboard update

A great start to the Challenge and we have implemented our semi-automatic scoring system (above) in anticipation of a further daily flood of entries. Well done everyone who has posted today!

9 Likes

Thanks for that, another post I missed, must remember to look atthe new stuff every day :slightly_smiling_face:

But does this mean that you guys can’t enter ? now thats a bad idea, will be no fun without my old adversaries :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Afraid so Steve :cry:

But I understand that some of the newer guys on the forum are going to give you a run for your money.

I believe that there a couple who joined just now - @McSprite and @MacStreamy2011 who may also give you a hard time …

1 Like