GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Staff shortages lead to some phone calls being made to Germany for advice.
Das ist gut ja :+1:

Click the pic for the latest scoreboard

You are correct @kvetner It should have these details @john768, however I did take these details from your YT link.

Please remember to post these details with any entry. :+1:

Item 20: Sun Reflecting Off The Water
Summer Lake, Cotswolds Water Park
Take on Mini 2, half an hour ago

Uploading single photo for “Swan” evidence only (not the entry), see top left - but there are actually loads of them.

I would like to claim 4 points in total please:

• Bonus point if clouds visible in the water :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if a swan or goose is in shot :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:
3 Likes

Would make going to Scunthorpe almost bearable :rofl:

1 Like

I would like to claim a bonus point for no other buildings within 100m and a second bonus point for adding to Drone Scene at this link : Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Tixover Church - Places of Worship in East Midlands

I have a video showing clearly that there are no buildings within 100m but I don’t know how to upload it. The upload function only appears to accept jpg’s

2 Likes

Uppinghham Solar farm in Rutland. Located just to the east of the town.
I would like to claim a bonus point for 30 or more rows and a second bonus point for adding to Drone Scene at this link : Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Uppingham Solar Farm - Everything Else in East Midlands

3 Likes

Nearly went here as its around the corner from work.

Where did you TOAL from?

Have to second this. @john768 is on it! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Noooo! 25 drone scene entries and no badge haha :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe it has been upped to 50 after all :rofl:

Item 20. ** Sun Reflecting Off The Water**
This has been an utter PITA picture for me, maybe because I’ve been looking for perfection because I love mirror photography in water, but with a drone it’s quite difficult due to needing to be so low. Tried multiple attempts at different locations attempting to get all the bonus points and not been happy with the pictures, but tonight finally gave me a free evening with the perfect conditions. The only problem was, where had the fecking Swans gone!!! There were just two and they were at the far end from where I had the best vantage point hiding in the shade. Patience is a virtue and after an hour they finally came out of their dark corner further into the lake, remaining in shade but a good enough angle to get the sun and clouds in the picture. Still not happy with the quality of the picture, but feck it, job done!

Lea Marston Lakes, taken this evening.

Claiming all bonus points

• Bonus point if clouds visible in the water
  • Bonus point if a swan or goose is in shot
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry
4 Likes

The Gallops itself and walked up with it in the air so I could keep VLOS.

1 Like

Item 19. The Highest Point In My County

Ebrington Hill taken 01/09/21

• Bonus point if you get a 360 pano (hopefully this works, first time uploaded to Kuula)

No bonus point for Dronescene as was beaten to it.

2 Likes

Ah I think I added the gallops. I am sure @Challenges_Committee will confirm but if you added one for the church at the other end that should be acceptable as its a different subject?

The field over the hedge from the solar farm. There is a public footpath running all the way along the hedge line. You can access it from the Uppingham School cricket ground on Seaton Road.

Where is the sun on the water?

And only one photo allowed.

:wink:

Did you open the pano?

@Challenges_Committee
I think @DroneGeek wants a job working with you? give him one then you can take his points off the leader board :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :rofl:

The site no longer accepts video uploads directly. To show videos upload to your account on either YouTube or Vimeo. Then post the url of your video on a line of its own n your message

Like this:

Blah Blah Blah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t30XXBvQAXI
Blah Blah Blah

Gives you this:

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

The postal worker needs to be clearly visible. A post office van in motion doesn’t necessarily mean a postal worker is driving it - unless we can clearly see that it is!

1. Something interesting in an FRZ - Croy Hill photographed 08/09/21 Mavic 2 Pro

I claim 4 points. Added to Drone Scene and is in the FRZ of Cumbernauld Airport.

Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Croy Hill Antonine Wall - Castles and Fortifications in Scotland (dronescene.co.uk)

Okay, so why is this hill so interesting!

Croy Hill is part of the route of the Antonine Wall, the most northerly frontier of the Roman Empire. Built in AD142, it is now part of the Frontiers of the Roman Empire World Heritage Site. The Antonine Wall ran from the River Clyde on the west across Scotland to the River Forth in the east. The wall consisted of a ditch (on the north side) and bricks of turf laid on a stone foundation to a height of 3 to 4m. All that can be seen today on the Croy Hill section is the ditch as seen in the photograph (to the right of the worn footpath) stretching diagonally across the image. On the hill top the Romans had to cut through solid rock to create the ditch.

Details of permissions:

3 Likes