GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Thanks John.

Shame it’s neither as well-kent or as well-preserved as Hadrian’s Wall.

1 Like

It sure is. A wall made of turf & wood isn’t going to last long in the Scottish weather, maybe they should have used stone :grinning:

2nd entry for today - 4. Commuter Train - taken today at 19:55 - Mini 2
I claim 3 points, train has 4 or more carriages and is moving. Used a slow shutter speed to show movement in the train. How about an extra point for two trains caught perfectly side by side :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you. Never uploaded a video to Youtube before but I have now. Can I retrospectively add the link to my original post or do I just post a reply to the original post and put the link in there ?
FYI the link is :

1 Like

Thanks to the Committee for explaining how to upload the video. The link is below :

Unfortunately not this time, but look out for the 5th Birthday Challenges :smiley: :wink:

Points added :+1:

2 Likes

Oh no it won’t be more than 1km away!

2 different subjects within 1km of each other is fine :+1:

1 Like

@DEFarnes #win

Weybourne Beach, part of the Norfolk Coast AONB. Taken yesterday at 11.45am.

I claim 1 bonus point for adding to DroneScene

4 Likes

Great shot. i am having same problem plenty of swans but no clouds. Its harder than it looks to get the reflection of clouds. i am on attempt 5

3 Likes

Just the one entry today, it’s raining cats and dogs here. This photo of an abandoned WW2 RAF control tower was taken yesterday, near Ballyhalbert, Mini 2.
2. Abandoned Building

Bonus points as follows please:
Bonus point if listed on British listed buildings website and link provided or for Northern Island use Listed Buildings :x:
Bonus point if you supply a wikipedia link RAF Ballyhalbert :ballot_box_with_check:
Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes

Rollesby Broad, Norfolk taken today at around 13.00.

Might requiring some zooming in this one. Jetty can be seen at bottom right of photo - fishermen are on the wooden platforms at the top left of frame.

I claim 3 bonus points for:

4 Likes

Sorry, another DroneScene query for our illustrious, overworked, and underpaid @Challenges_Committee

I’ve found subjects for both the below items, but the photos are of two separate Broads with a road running between them.

Question is, can I claim DroneScene bonuses for both items as the photos are of different subjects (I.e. the two separate Broads), or do I need to be content with just getting the bonus for the one I submitted earlier?

@rustybarnet If you are referring too the two locations pictured in your post
Rollesby Broad & Ormesby this will be fine :+1:as its two different location names and subjects.

1 Like
  1. Cricket Match - Glasgow Accies v Bothwell Saturday 28th Aug 2021 - Mini 2
    I claim 2 points. Added to Drone Scene
    Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Glasgow Accies Cricket Club - Everything Else in Scotland (dronescene.co.uk)

I did plan to video the match and hopefully catch a batsman out, but got bored of it after 5mins :blush: :joy:

2 Likes

A worry for me I hate cricket :rofl:

I’ve got 10 minutes of a cricket match from the same day. I wasn’t really paying attention and the Mrs was waiting in the car. I’ve watched a tiny amount back and noticed there was another match of some sort going on behind, which increases my chances, but I just haven’t had the enthusiasm to watch it all back yet.

#notasportsfan :slight_smile:

I had a very similar experience trying to capture this item. Much preferred filming the motorsports track :joy:

1 Like

So I’m curious as we pass the halfway mark, which of these items has been the biggest pain in the backside so far for you guys?

Mine has been the car park by far. Forever finding 3 red or blue cars, never 4. And I think I’m getting a reputation around Norwich for slowly creeping through the park and ride sites looking at all the vehicles… :joy:

• Traffic Roundabout
  • Abandoned Building
  • Royal Mail Depot
  • Commuter Train
  • Dronie/Selfie
  • Viaduct or Aqueduct
  • Mobile Crane
  • Tennis Courts
  • Car Park
  • Canal or River Lock
  • AONB
  • Citroen H Van