GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

The mobile crane, simply because there are so many bonus points to be lost (and I will lose most of them).
Closely followed by the Citroen H van. If there are any within 50 miles of me I don’t know how to find them. :rofl:

2 Likes

Entry 4th Birthday Challenge

Item 20

Sun reflecting off water.

Location Cleethorpes Boating Lake taken Today

Claim 1 Point

Bonus Point claimed if clouds visible in the water

Bonus Point Claimed if Swan or goose is in shot

Bonus Point claimed for adding to drone scene link attached below

Total 4 Points Claimed

7 Likes

This needs to be multiple choice, haha.

It will be interesting to see how far I fall down the leaderboard over the rest of the month.

I have everything, just don’t have the max points, so will be trying to do so, but also at the point if I’m honest where there’s only so many times I can be bothered to put the bird up in a car park hoping for the best (not happened yet) visit construction sites on a Saturday morning when not a lot is happening (I was lucky I’d booked 2 weeks annual leave during the competition, doing this was more fun than doing decorating but drone scene entries were my priority especially when you’ve got @Steviegeek on your patch! :laughing:) and going to various Tennis courts and 4 of them never being in bloody use at the same time.

The Mobile Crane was easy as one was outside my office Window, haha, but it never was doing anything, and when I returned from AL it was gone! So didn’t even get it in movement! :rage:

1 Like

Commuter Train

‘Newground Road Bridge’

Taken this morning at 11:37am - we had been waiting quite a while as the system had problems with signalling. The wife suggested we wait and we were rewarded.
Bonus Point: Moving
Bonus Point: More than 4 carriages
Intercity

4 Likes

Have to ask. Was this taken with a drone or another device?

If it was a drone could competitors have regard to safety and distance themselves from the railway lines. We don’t want our GADC members thr subject of the rail network’s equivalent of an Airprox report. :scream:

1 Like

control room 1

More staff shortages and working alone meant the receptionist came in to offer a hand…

Thank you Vera, hope that wrist is better soon.

Click the Pic ™ for the updated scoreboard

Mavic Air 2.

It was being flown with safety in mind - the line is fairly close to the bridge. If you study the scene I am the other side of the fencing. The angle of the drone makes it look nearer than it is. Thanks for your comments and guidance.
Barrie

1 Like

That’s great Barrie and thanks for the info.

Not having a go at you but the video reminded us just to issue a general warning :):

4 Likes

Re: item 22

Construction Site

Bonus point if 4 or more colours of safety helmet visible
Bonus point if there’s a cement truck in shot
Bonus point if the Brand ‘READYMIX’ is in shot
Bonus point if there’s a mobile crane in shot
Bonus point if a crane is lifting a roof truss

We are surprised that no-one has researched this. Otherwise one of you would have told us that the RMC group, who were the company behind the UK ReadyMix concrete brand were taken over by the Mexican building materials company CEMEX in 2005.

We have changed the wording of item 22 to reflect this.

So get to it and start planning those construction site trips - there’s just three weeks to go! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Item 21: Wind Powered
Wilton Windmill, near Marlborough
Taken this evening on my Mini 2

Owned by Wiltshire Council, relies on money from visitors to maintain and operate it. Donation box by the gate and PayPal on their visitors page or via email: secretary@wiltonwindmill.co.uk

I would like to claim a total of 4 points please:

• Bonus point if there are 4 or more sails :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if the subject is commercial :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:
4 Likes

Actually Readymix is a generic brand.

Many companies have readymix in their name.

We were looking for specific branding and most companies have Ready Mix (with the space) in their name :slight_smile:

So CEMEX if you please for a bonus point - and a reminder about personal safety while the virus is still rampant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gah, got a nagging feeling I’ve scouted sights with CEMEX branding already and didn’t send the bird up… :man_facepalming:

And everything else was in place?

4 or more colours of safety helmet visible
a cement truck in shot
a mobile crane in shot
a crane is lifting a roof truss

You could have scored five of the six …

Chris, the subject of buildings being supported entirely by voluntary donations (including subsidy from local or national government) has arisen before and our ruling stands, unfortunately for you, To be considered commercial the mill must run either as a business that charges for a service or a product or charges a fixed admission fee.

So three points only for your windmill. :frowning:

Sadly not. I’m seeing the various elements in isolation, but never all in one place.

Genuinely considered following a cement truck I saw heading towards the A47 earlier on the off-chance it was headed to a building site…

Maybe we were building up to it?

1 Like

Ditto. And I still can’t stop looking at roundabouts, despite already posting one. By the end of the month, I am going to be a mess :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha, I still look for Eddie Stobart lorry’s and it’s been a bloody year 🤦🏽 :joy: :joy:

I also stay away from RAF bases, they traumatise me :grimacing::joy:

These Birthday challenges should come with a warning.

:warning: the Birthday Challenges will change your life for good :warning:

1 Like

Item 11: AONB Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
North Wessex Downs
Taken on Mini 2 this evening

I would like to claim a total of 2 points please:

• Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:
2 Likes