GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Clearly the women aren’t important enough to get a NOTAMS. Men’s game and there would be helicopters and drones from the broadcaster all over the place. It was live on Sky but clearly not willing to go to the same lengths as the men’s game. There’s a NOTAMs in place nearby for a laser display!! but @clinkadink was outside that.

Shame as the hundred exposed the women’s game to be quite better quality than I expecting and was enjoyable. Anyway. I’m tangenting again. Sorry committee.

2 Likes

The chip shortage is real. Look at the google maps image compared to your image!! Lol.

I went to Jaguar and they had about 15 cars there. :joy:

1 Like

Very true. When I turned up, I though “oh, bugger”, as there was evidentally a lot less cars than on Google Maps :grimacing:

1 Like
  1. Royal Mail Depot
  • Bonus point if 10 or more red Royal Mail vehicles are there :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if 5 or more Postman/Women are outside :white_check_mark:

3 points claimed

Taken at night (you don’t say :joy: ) - or very early this morning - Plenty of red vans.

Most of the activity is beneath the overhang - but there is also one employee to the right with his bike and another walks through the car park.

To be honest, I had left my glasses in my car - so couldn’t actually see a thing on my screen :joy: :rofl:

Best viewed at full screen !

1 Like

I claim 4 points please

• Sun reflecting off water
  • Clouds reflected/visible in water
  • Swans in the shoot
  • Link added to DroneScene

Note, although there is another DroneScene entry within 1Km it has not been used as an entry in this subject

“To earn the point a Drone Scene marker and description must be placed on the map shortly after your flight. The place to which it relates must be at least 1 kilometre measured on the Drone Scene map from any prior entry for the same subject.”

5 Likes

Item 15: Motosport Track
Pre-Race Testing: Open Wheel / Single Seaters
Castle Coombe Circuit
Taken on Mini 2 yesterday afternoon, 16/09/2021

I would like to claim a total of 4 points in total please:

• Bonus point if there are vehicles on the track :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if you capture an open wheeled car, F1 style on the track (including Go-Karts) :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:
6 Likes

I almost did Steve. The conditions just were not right for me when I was there (on more than one occasion). I did submit my train picture though from there. :slight_smile: and then submitted the location anyway despite no need for Drone Scene entry for that subject as it is a good place to fly. Especially for train nerds. Hopefully my prior entry hasn’t screwed you over.

If it makes you feel any better I had a Maxstoke Castle picture way before your submission, but didn’t enter it as I was waiting for the owners to get back to me to actually TOAL on site as I sort of maybe lost VLOS from where I TOALed, but they never came back to me, so had to trek out to find another castle, haha, lesson learned there is, just submit your bloody entry when you have max points!

1 Like

Does “prior entry” mean prior competition entry or prior Drone Scene entry?

e.g.: GADC 4th Birthday Challenge - #264 by Challenges_Committee

Sorry, Steve. I like your interpretation but there seems to be a precedent ruling. You never know, maybe the @Challenges_Committee will retrospectively award @ResilienceUAV a Drone Scene point.

Very well done! At night too, should get extra points :rofl:

My understanding is it’s dependent on the subject. E.g. Steve beat me to the highest point in our county, I could have submitted the same subject and claimed an additional Drone Scene point as long as my TOAL was 1km away (rest of that hill is private land so i had no chance)

My subject is the meadow as a whole which i suppose includes the river, and was not submitted as a competition entry, although an item for the competition was took from there, it was not a requirement to submit to Drone Scene for that item. I submitted the location anyway as it’s a nice place to fly. As long as he took off 1km away from my marker it’s ok. He should get the points imo, but let’s let the committee decide.

Apologies if I’ve screwed you over Steve! :frowning: Maybe a gentlemens agreement in future for people in same patch to submit there nice but not needed for points entries found while doing the competition after the competition has entered, in case someone else can use the same patch for an entry.

Thanks.

My first night shots - took some 360s and the local church as well.

Just waiting for the local facebook group to ask if anyone saw the police drone flying early this morning :joy: :joy:

I assume if the subject (river, building, lake etc.) has been marked and not a particular feature of it - like 25 canoists with a swan on the end of each canoe :joy:

@DroneGeek

Great entry and lowlight quality but for us to finish entering your score onto the board could you please submit a 30 second video as per the rules.

Apologies - I thought it was 30 second - I took a minute a doubled the speed.

I will re-upload.

You all do a final check on Drone Scene before making a trip don’t you - to check if any NOTAMS have come into force or if someone else has declared a flight?

If there is a green marker in close proximity to where you are intending to fly click on it and see what it refers to. If . as an example,you are off to photograph a windmill and the marker refers to that windmill, whether taken for this competition or at any time then you will not be able to claim a Drone Scene bonus.

If the marker is for the nuclear power station in the opposite direction then you may claim the bonus for a picture of the windmill.

If in any doubt DM @Challenges_Committee.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry for stirring things up. :grin:

Claiming full points please.

Screenshot of website with price list.

4 Likes

Youtube is never as clear as it is on the desktop - I have discovered that today!

3 Likes

Looks like you could have done the solar farm there as well, had you not already done it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had an idea for next year’s leaderboard, not sure if it’s possible @Challenges_Committee, there may be technical constraints or resource reasons that make this a no-go. But thought I’d ask :wink:

It would be good to see ‘movement’ (since the previous day) and ‘collected’ items on there too. Not sure if I am alone in thinking this is a good idea? :man_shrugging:

leaderboard

:running_man: :dash:

1 Like