GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

:trophy: Winners Announced :trophy:

7 weeks of internet trawling, 100’s of miles travelled not to mention battery charges. An overwhelming amount of entrants all producing some great entries.
Some easier than others and some we saw near impossible but, you guys proved us wrong.

A Whopping 358 entries with 225 added to Drone Scene

Massive well done to all our entrants this year celebrating our 4th Birthday and we hope to see you all and more on the next one.

Now the news you’re interested in. The Winners of this years Birthday Competition and taking away the cash prizes along with our exclusive trophy badges are…

1st Place - Jason @Acedrone scoring and amazing 93 points and taking away £200cash and our exclusive GOLD TROPHY

2nd Place - John @john768 scoring and amazing 90 points and taking away £100cash and our exclusive SILVER TROPHY

3rd Place - Ian @DroneGeek scoring an amazing 89 points and taking away £50cash and our exclusive BRONZE TROPHY

Lets not forget - @firstadekit, @clinkadink, @rustybarnet & @Steviegeek all collecting a full house of 25 items. Amazing!

A fantastic nail biting end to a great competition with 3 very worthy finalists. well done guys and well done to everyone who took part.

winners will be contacted shortly

See you again next year! :wave:

8 Likes

Well done the winners👍

4 Likes

As last years winner, can I be one of the first to offer my sincere congratulations to Jason, John and Ian @Acedrone @john768 @DroneGeek

Outstanding performance, 93 points out of a maximum 94 is just incredible and shows the dedication given, to say nothing of fuel and hours used.

Very well done guys, you’ve earned your glory.

I reckon you are itching for the 5th Challenge already.

Enormous thanks to our @Challenges_Committee Rob, Steve, Steve and Nidge for running this challenge.

It has taken enormous amounts of time and patience over the past few months. Putting up with us lot asking question after question, arguing and bleating. Is it not what makes these challenges soooo much fun ?

The choice of challenges was even better than the 3rd challenge with the DroneScene inclusion adding a real timing twist, (not sure I personally think it was a good idea but that’s for the ‘post mortem’ thread)

Great job Guys… THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

10 Likes

Such a great song! Thank you, honey :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

3 Likes

Have a chat about the Great Birthday Challenges here

Thank you, I am feeling very honored to have the Birthday Gold Badge 2021, I will wear it with pride.
and congratulations to @john768 and @DroneGeek and for pushing the competitions to the end and to every one that took part.

2 Likes

Well done Jason, well deserved mate :+1:t4:

4 Likes

worthy winner well done

6 Likes

Thanks @John768 I was chasing you all the way you set the standard :clap:

5 Likes

congratulations to the winners. Some incredible effort going on there and also to everyone else who stook with it over 7 weeks regardless of if you got all 25 or not. The taking park and the banter also made up for those days such as this week where flying was impossible. Also huge thanks to the committee for planning this and dealing with all the toys being thrown from prams at times.

For me this came at the right time. I’ve owned my mini 2 barely 6 months. Before the challenge I don’t think I’d ever took it out of cine mode in terms of ‘speed’ now I’m whizzing around in sports mode and the simplicity of some of the items really helped me just get to grips with just flying the damn thing rather than getting obsessed with flying techniques, cinematic footage or great photos. Capturing the exacuvters filling the truck was a great example of this. Pure fluke as I was driving past. But I stopped got the drone out whipped it in the air for 2 minutes and got it back down. Rinse and repeat that sort of approach for several of the items and the fact they didn’t need to be perfect just got me more confident with just flying, getting it to where it needed to be and bringing it home. So thank you.

5 Likes

Excellent job all round. Congrats to the winners. Thoroughly enjoyed it. :+1:

3 Likes

Massive congrats to the winners! Really well done guys, unbelievable scoring too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done all! Always amazed at what and where you go and photograph. I’ve still never posted a photo or video I’ve taken (and I have done some). Always inspire me! Will try and take part in RTF soon enough.

Well done to the winners and all who took part

1 Like

What about letting us see the final leader board?

1 Like

This one? Top 10 John, not bad when you consider your work load. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Cheers Steve :+1: Yeah happy with a top ten considering the limited time I had :+1:

1 Like

@GADC_Committee
Any chance one of the number crunchers could post a league table showing what subjects did best (or worst)? Just curious. :grin:

1 Like

Fantastic competition and really well done to @Acedrone @john768 and @DroneGeek for what they achieved in the face of some really tricky subjects!

3 Likes

Well done all, I had so many idea’s, alas my gallbladder had others, only excuse I have lol

1 Like

Hopefully this is self explanatory… this will show you who got what and with which bonuses.

Screenshot (249)

Click the screenshot above to be taken to the full size sheet
7 Likes