GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Credit to Rob @macspite for this spreed sheet which served us well throughout. :clap:

2 Likes

Is there a version with links to there respective entry posts ;o)

2 Likes

Yes, it does, many thanks. :+1:

1 Like

+1 for this.

Congrats to the winners :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

No. It could be done and we have trialled a version. It has to be done manually so would take someone a couple of days of entries and cross checking each one worked.

We hadn’t done so because A it’s a massive pita for the spreadsheet owner and

B, not certain how many people would need that level of analytics.

If there is a major demand for it we will do it. If you know of a quick and easy semi-automatic way of doing we are happy to give you edit access to the sheet!

Copy the post thread URL and link it to your spreadsheet column where you have added the points, surely you have the thread and spreadsheet open already?

Are you still on Excel or converted to Google Sheets yet?, which can be viewed online by all quickly and easily.

That is the way we are trialling. It can be done, the reluctance is coming from the spreadsheet owner (me) who will have 336 entries to link. Also well aware the sheet can be shared, We use Sheets as you know because a link was shared to the main committee, yourself included. A view-only link was suggested for the screenshot, has not yet been implemented.

We can change that so you have edit access if you really think people would be interested.

I’d really like to look at the car park photos?

1 Like

1 Like

Wow thats easier ;o)

*not having a go BTW, just thought it was easy to do at the time of adding the points to the sheet

Congratulations to everyone.

2 Likes

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Given that none of us was spreadsheet savvy at the beginning of this and we were having to make up the scoring system pretty much on the hoof, yes, we could have added links as we went.

Bearing in mind that all of us have other commitments so couldn’t spend all day at the keyboard and given that we were busy in here and by DM with queries and we also had to confer with each other on some decisions(our own private message thread is over 2500 posts) the spreadsheet development was lacking. We had something that worked, we didn’t want to experiment with it when it was fundamental to the competition.

We also had no previous model to work from and little time to prepare. The start of the competition was set for 17th August only partly because it was the GADC’s birthday. We were given a task and had to run with it.

And you did a cracking job. Some of this sits better in the “how to do better” next time thread. I’ll stick some further comment in there.

1 Like

You can’t fault anyone’s commitment*, organisers or competitors, the ones who put most effort in won fair and square.

*except mine perhaps - my commitment to capturing the Cricket Match is questionable.

1 Like

Birthday Challenge 2022

3. A Test Match

• Bonus points for each of the first over of each day and the last over of each day
  • Totall Bonus 10 points

5. A School Cricket Match

• Bonus points for a shot of each batsman
  • Total Bonus 22 points

17. A Village Cricket Match

• Bonus points for …

3 Likes

Aaargh, no!, but can I remind you gents it’s supposed to be a ‘Challenge’ not a penance. :grin:

2 Likes

Screenshot (249)

Click the screenshot above to be taken to the full size sheet
2 Likes

Well done to everyone. Staff and entrants.

1 Like

Seven PM and the suddenly redundant scorers of the Birthday Challenge consider retraining as Class 1 ADR certified drivers. Their hopes for positions within the RTF Competition (starts Sunday) were dashed when they realised that points were awarded by the contestants and spectators themselves

2 Likes

Thanks for your hard work.

3 Likes