GADC Pilots' Calendar Competition - September - Winner Announced

Soon all that Birthday Challenge nonsense will be out of the way and we can concentrate on making beautiful images instead of trying to find three impossible things before breakfast.

So we are now asking you to post your best picture(s) to illustrate the month of September. The rules are below :slight_smile:

GADC Pilots’ Calendar Competition - Rules

The requirement is to submit a still image in landscape format that illustrates the month in the competition title. The competition is open from 00:01 on the first day to 22:00 on the last day of each month and images for that month must be captured and posted within that time period

The image must obviously be taken by a drone in flight, images that the committee consider do not meet this criterion may not be entered into the poll for the winners. That means images noticeably higher than a normal person’s eyeline, please.

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

You can create as many images as you wish and submit them in separate posts in this thread. However, only one image of any one subject will be accepted for judging. If you are making multiple entries please indicate which one you wish to be your competition entry before the end of the month otherwise the last image you have posted will be used. Basically, if you have a selection of images illustrating the subject, have the courage of your convictions, exercise your editorial judgement and post only the one that you think is best

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

Aircraft/camera used
Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for a single image by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the last day of each month.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for only one of the entries. DO NOT vote for your own, you may be excluded from entering the competition again,

In the event of a tie a second, single-choice poll for the disputed images only, open for 24 hours and open to all will decide the winner

Further information or the original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Entrants are encouraged to add their images to Drone Scene if the flight will be of interest to other pilots. Accompanying notes regarding the TOAL point, access and parking plus any further local information will be appreciated.

Have Fun! Be Safe!

**All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected and adhered to. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

The committee reserve the right to modify these rules at any time and for any reason
@group-challenges

2 Likes

I’d like to enter this photo for the September calendar comp
Taken on 5th Sept at 19:51, with my mini 3 pro
Above Tillicoultry in Clackmannanshire. A view looking west towards Stirling. The Wallace Monument is seen in the distance, as is Stirling Castle.

Drone was above Tillicoultry Primary School / Fir Park Ski Centre at the time .

1 Like

Thanks for starting off this month’s competition, John

My entry:

Humber Bridge
6:45am 10/09/23
DJI Mavic Air 2

5 Likes

I will offer this one up for now.

Taken at sunrise over Bewl Water in Kent.
9th September
Approx 6:30am
Mini 3 pro

8 Likes

BT Tower Edge of Cannock Chase, Staffordshire bathed in the Early Autumn Sun late in the day (not a sunset sorry :blush:).
Screenshot from 4K video taken 15/09/23 @18.34 hrs
Edited in Ps Beta
DJI Mini 3 Pro

Pye Green BT Tower is a 96.9 metres (318 ft) tall telecommunication tower built of reinforced concrete at Pye Green Staffordshire. Standing on the far southern edge of Cannock Chase it is one of fourteen telecommunication towers in the United Kingdom built of reinforced concrete. Pye Green was constructed as part of the British Cold War “Backbone” radio communications network.

Its combination of elevation and height give it line-of-sight to the BT Tower in Birmingham and the Sutton Common BT Tower in Cheshire. The silhouette of the Wrekin can be just seen on the horizon, with the Long Mynd to its left.

5 Likes

Guessing there may be a few of the lovely sunsets / sunrise with the Saharan dust

Misty sunrise over Pennine moors
06 september 2023 06:46
DJI AIR 3

6 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Date 04/09/23
Time 08:42
Dji Air 2s
Location Tockholes,Chorley,Lancashire just off the A675

Roddlesworth waterfall

There’s a nice little walk which takes this waterfall in ,here’s some more detail’s…

It’s Ok mate, I find sunsets and rises soooo,soooo cliched nowadays Col :wink:

4 Likes

My entry

Ribblehead Viaduct
16 September 2023 approximately 7am
DJI Mini 3

Wanted to find a large open space for my second proper flight. A 5am start to get there around sunrise to give me large window to practice before it got busy. Time given as an approximate because after downloading, apparently it was taken on 10 Sept at 6:47pm.

6 Likes

I had a few date glitches with my RC. I just make sure I connect the RC to WiFi before I go and it behaves itself. :thinking:

Haha. Pure accident and outside of Golden hour Ady but had nowt else. Prefer yours TBH. :sweat_smile:

Thank you, I’ll give that a try. All settings on rc show correct time and date

This is my entry

September sunset over Sutton Waldren, Dorset
14 September 2023 at 18:56
DJI mini pro 3

6 Likes

Avebury and Silbury Hill, Wiltshire
19:00 18 Sep 23
DJI Mini 3

5 Likes

September Evening Sunset over Shell Carrington Manchester

Taken 06/09/23 @20:16 Taken with DJI MINI 3 Pro 4032 x 3024 ISO 100 1/5 sec

4 Likes

Thorne island Pembrokeshire South West Wales Coast
9,9,23 @15,00 hours ish mavic 3 classic

5 Likes

My entry
Castle Hill, Huddersfield
Saturday, 23 September 2023 at 18:40
Air 3

4 Likes

My Entry

Saltburn by the Sea pier in late September mid morning sun

Friday 29th September @ 10:31 am
DJI Mini 2:
SS: 1/500 second with ISO : 100, Height 73M

As piers go, it’s not the biggest, brightest, loudest… but suits Saltburn perfectly.

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Souter Point lighthouse, 06/09/23 at approx 14:48 - screenshot from 4K video, DJI Air 2

2 Likes

@group-challenges

Time to pick a winner!

You may vote for one image - the one that you feel best captures the mood of September

The poll will close on Monday, 2nd October at 22:00

And the October round of the competition can be found here