Galloway August '20

Following recent expedient with @Drumsagard, here’s my verson of what we did on our holidays…

enjoy

6 Likes

Nice video. Does Vimeo allow higher resolution than YouTube as your video looks clearer than ones I’ve shared via YT.

It provides a higher bit-rate … and, yes, the same video on Vimeo always looks cleaner/crisper/better.
Even the preview looks better!

1 Like

Rather like that video! :+1:

Your own voice for the voice-over?

Just started a Vimeo account. Will see how many videos I can upload on basic for now.

1 Like

The one problem with their basic account is that you can’t get the embedded preview, like the one in the OP and one can always get with YT.

Your own voice for the voice-over?

Yep, started doing some of my own voice overs some years ago and nobody complained - especially for technical and social stuff. For out and out marketing or ads of course you’d get the right voice for the job.
Got up this morning and wrote it - recorded at my desk chucked the pics on top.
Thanks for your comment.
Much appreciated.

1 Like

Better than some professional VO voices.

Thing OzoneVibe will be right about Vimeo Vs YT.
Never been a fan of YT - Vimeo’s more professional feeling.

2 Likes

You flatter sir - but I’ll take it!! :joy::joy:
Have been recording voices and directing voice recordings for over 40 years so I’ve picked up some techniques from the pros along the way!!
Thanks

1 Like

This is excellent Gavin, well done!

1 Like

Thanks John - appreciated

1 Like

@stridingsandal

That is a wonderful video, and the voice over tells a wonderful stoy of how many areas have gone full circle, and I’m sure many are to follow, the danger is that those visitors may spoil the very thing they have come to see, and it will only be in videos like this that we may be able to see the true beauty of those places.

I hope somehow we can keep places like this beautiful, and allow them to return to how nature made them.

Thank you for a stunning video and beautiful story.

2 Likes

Thank you for your words.
It’s where I’m from but I was part of the problem - left to go to uni in 1970 and didn’t go back to live there just visits to family and friends.
That exile guilt never leaves you!!
Thanks again for your comment.

1 Like

I recognise every part of that video, in fact I’m up here now! Such a beautiful part of the world and largely unspoilt. I’ve been toying with how to shoot the gatehouse viaduct for a while.

Lovely video, great pace and a good voice over too. Not sure my Salford accent would have the same soothing effect :+1:t2:

1 Like

@stridingsandal
I didn’t know you were from there and I didn’t mean it was a problem, but that it was a circle of people coming and going for different reasons. I don’t think theere should be any guilt on your or anyone else’s part, if there is then you have repaid it by sharing this video with us all.

Thank you for watching.
Glad you’re there and enjoying the place.
I’m sure your Salford accent would be exactly right for a video about Salford / Manc - and there’s a lot to say about how that’s all changing.
Local folk getting moved out to the fringes coz the prices are going up.
We live in a strange world with weird values.
It’s what happened with villages that survived the de-population. People with city level cash bought up the cheaper housing for holiday homes - local working people couldn’t compete.
Sorry, getting on a high horse again!!
Glad you enjoyed the video.
Let me know when you post what you’re shooting.
Best

Thank you.

Nice video :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, appreciate your comment

1 Like