General 3D printing chit chat

Glass bed , I also have sticky back insulation on bottom of bed …

I have also cleaned the glass …

Cleaned it with IPA? if so I’d re level the bed and try again :+1:t2:

Yes, I cleaned with IPA I will have to re - level the bed :ok_hand:

1 Like

I use a 0.13mm feeler as the Z offset which I follow on with a +/- G-code adjustment in the software depending on the filament I’m printing, all in Simplify3D. I’ve got Cura which came with the printer but I’ll admit I’ve been too lazy to play around in it.

I can not for the life of me get anything to stick to the bed on this thing!!! Gone through levelling several times, brand new bed (one of those magnetic ones) hairspray, temperatures. Nothing seems to work. Using PLA and tried bed temps from 50 to 70, nozzle temp 200 to 205.
I have now fixed my old UpMini, simple lose connection!!! fired it up, preheated and it’s halfway through it’s first print with no complaints, fuss, or dramas!!! Here was me thinking a newer model would be easier and quicker.

1 Like

Is it just plain steel on both sides or does it have a coating?

it has a coating, feels very slippery and non stick imo

is it gold?

no, its the genuine Ender thing. I’ll try to find a link

your issue if its not sticking will be your Z offset is to great its not getting enough “squish” on the first layer. I also tend to print my first layer 5 degrees hotter than the rest of the print and slower.

“Yet another Cree Mount version” …MK2, MK3 printing, feel a MK4 will be the final iteration….:thinking:

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: reduce the Z offset (remember if it is a -value you need to make the number bigger to reduce it) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I cured my non sticking buy purchasing a creality CR Touch works wonders and a Aluminum Dual Z Axis Screw Rod Upgrade Kit for my ender 3 pro … ive printed a few objects and they have turned out near on perfect, best prints since I purchased the ender 3… :+1:

Also I have printed a power supply case and move to the rear under the bed … which works well…

1 Like

Have an Ender 3 Pro with a genuine Creality glass bed, use this and never have any issues with prints not sticking (bed at 60 degrees) and the finished item releases easily once the bed has cooled down.

New hot end, Metal extruder, bed springs and Bowden tube fitted :grinning:

1 Like

telling ya, get a BLTouch and a Raspberry Pi running octoprint its a game changer lol

1 Like

I don’t think I need one, I am an expert at bed levelling now :joy:

1 Like

I agree, I have a CR Touch one of my best upgrades… :+1:

Oh! and Octoprint with a camera also.

Forgot to add , all recommended by Deano!!

1 Like

I am thinking of a all metal hot end … just reading up on the settings to change after fitting …

Also changing the PID settings

Check steppers

Retractions in Cura .

Still reading … lol

1 Like

Agree whole heartedly with the bltouch/cr touch. auto level before each print, save a whole lot of time and aggravation
Previously when using octoprint i was seeing 8.3 format filenames, is this still the case?