Glastonbury Tor Sunset

Been wanting to fly Glastonbury for a while now so I took the trip yesterday evening with @Bmturl & new guy @TyZino2Plus. Great night had by all.

20 Likes

Some great shots there Steve :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you mate, wasn’t the best sunset unfortunately, the clouds made it all a bit whispy :disappointed: and not much colour about.

1 Like

They still look good. Did you use single shot or AEB? For those conditions, I would have used AEB and then that would have kept good detail in both the sky and the land.

1 Like

I did use AEB 5 shot but still not getting the results I wanted, many of the 5 shot burst actually look better on their own over the merge. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Nice set Steve :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John :pray:

2 Likes

Nice shots Steve.

Where did you take off from, as i’ve been thinking of popping over to the Tor for a while now.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, if you look around my 360 to find this area…

It’s a dead end country road with perfect VLOS. The Tor itself is NT but the boundary stops at the bottom of the Tor hill so anywhere outside of that is launch-able.

2 Likes

Great pics Steve! :+1:

1 Like

That is good to know and is pretty much exactly where I had planned to take off from myself.
I went there a while a go, thinking of parking up 50 yds away - but all of the spaces were taken up by travelers :frowning:
Will have another go when this wind dies down a bit.

cheers

2 Likes

Forget AEB and try shooting a series of exposures manually. I often shoot as many as 9 or 10 images changing the shutter speed each time. I go from a dark sky to a light foreground over the 9 frames, this gives LR much more detail to play with.

2 Likes

That’s good to know John, thanks mate, Ill give that a try next time I’m in the air. :+1:

Was quite quiet when we got there last night about 6:30 along that road but as the night went on it got busier with all the wonderful people of Glastonbury and their instruments.

1 Like

Aren’t Coldplay playing over the weekend ?

1 Like

On the pyramid stage? :joy::thinking:

1 Like

:scream: no way

Way

Notam check :smirk::scream:

1 Like

Cracking shots Steve! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like