Good, Bad & The Ugly - Mavic 3 in all its Glory

Glad you got the wind resistant test done before the terminal crash.
I hope you get the M3 back soon .

The repair quote as been paid; I’m now waiting for the repair and return… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to hear it is being sorted Ian, I for one really appreciate you going the extra mile with your M3 reviews, mine is still here in the box not even broken the plastic seal on it yet due to weather & work shifts, hoping the Jan firmware upgrade sorts a lot of the glitches out, I can see this drone having a stream of firmwares being released before this time next year.
Are you considering purchasing the RC Pro Controller with yours ? I purchased one from Amazon as it was the only place in UK with current stock, the specs look better than the RC1 which is not exactly a looker to me.

1 Like

@ianinlondon What was the wind strength showing as for the test? What did it peak at?

1 Like

Have you seen the DJI news today, from early next year they will be selling the Mavic 3 FlyMore with the new RC Pro Controller rather than the basic controller, no idea if the M3 FlyMore will increase in price.
If it remains the same they will sell loads more, but hopefully those who invested in the M3 FM from the start should get a RC Pro straight away

1 Like

I can see a big increase in price for the Fly More kit then, since the RC Pro costs £879 alone, can’t see DJI missing out on making even more money on the Mavic 3 range.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s still a real f’ker that they’re bringing it out after so many have already bought the Flymore Combo… I imagine it will be around £500 more than the standard FMC as no standard controller…

1 Like

@Tony92 I’m testing out the new Tripletek 8" tablet; not in a hurry for the new RC Pro until the make it back compatible with the Air2S and Mini2… You’ve seen my wind test? Get that new M3 out of its box… :wink:

2 Likes

Did you get one of those DOBO slim brackets for the Tripltek 8?
I will have one available this week, as Ken has sent me 3 to try to cover the expensive shipping fee’s

1 Like

They sent me a load of clips TBH; I haven’t opened the pack yet. Waiting for the Mavic 3 to come back, but I think they sent a slim clip too… :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I will get around to opening the box, sounds a bit mad but will feel a bit sad actually breaking the plastic wrap seal, wonder how much the drone will be worth in a few years sealed with the original pre release firmware still on board… I was actually more excited to open the RC Pro box to compare it to my std Smart Controller to be honest, good luck with your M3 repair & return Ian, love watching your videos, your dog makes me laugh, I have 3 miniature dachshunds & they completely ignore the drones ( M2 Pro & DJI FPV ) when taking off from the garden, I think they are used to it now.

1 Like

Finally opened the Mavic 3 yesterday, took it out on a quick local flight, was very impressed with the camera capabilities can see a difference between this camera & the previous camera on my Mavic 2, video looks very crispy & vibrant, especially at 60fps on the big screen, loved playing around with the zoom function, could see places over 10 miles away but misty conditions soon came in due to late afternoon/sunset approaching, will give it another try today.

25 will look a lot more natural :wink: