Good Morning from Coventry

Hello!

So, ive got the bug.

I have been flying for less than 6 months, started with a Holystone 720E (only broke 1 arm and now repurposed as my dads first “better” quad), got the DJI Air 2S, then found out about rules, Op/Fly ID etc, got the DJI Mini 2 to take advantage of less restrictions pre/post 2022, and then got hooked on FPV videos - so currently waiting for the DJI FPV Combo to arrive, and have already mentally made a decision to look into either pre built or a build my own 5" quad, to keep the damage cost down a bit, thinking the DJI kit will be great if i can get/build a compatible quad.

Currently flying in a couple of spots around Coventry when i can, and in Devon when i visit the folks, looking for more places to fly, folks to fly with, and quite soon, guidance on FPV builds that wont break the bank so much as the DJI will.

Feel free to connect!

Oh, and thanks for having me :grin:

Hahaha good luck with that, I’ve spent wayyyyyy more on FPV gear than both my Air2 and Mavic Mini (from new) combined lol

1 Like

Welcome Ste. Few of us in and around Coventry who fly dji and fpv regularly :+1:

2 Likes

Wow, you really got the bug and opened the wallet though, huh? It’s the batteries where they get you though, especially with the DJI FPV…

2 Likes

Welcome stephan keep in touch on this site myself to from Coventry (crapflyer)along with (notveryprittyboy)and (stevegeek)

1 Like

i think i knew this already, its inevitable, however i was hoping that and arm or motor or camera from an own build or pre built, just might be a little less on the wallet than the official DJI FPV spares list

@notveryprettyboy @juniperific @crapflyer @DeanoG60
Thanks for the welcome guys, i hope we can organise something soon, it would be great to meet and see what’s what and who’s who, you might even witness me smash the new toy up, once ive summoned the courage to actually take it into manual mode! some Sim hrs will need to be invested i think first

1 Like

Yeah we’re always about, I’ll be putting up a meet soon for Willington cooling towers in Derby, keep your eye out in the meetups category :+1:t2:

1 Like

Would be well up for that, looks like a great location! Ill hopefully spot that when it comes though

1 Like