Gordale Scar, Malham - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in Yorkshire and the Humber

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Gordale Scar is a limestone revine 1 mile northeast of Malham, North Yorkshire, England. It contains two waterfalls and has overhanging limestone cliffs over 330 feet high. The gorge was formed by water erosion from melting glaciers that created a cavern that over time collapsed.

There are many circular walks publicised on Google that take in Malham Cove, Malham Tarn and Janet’s Foss. Those wishing to visit without walking miles can park on Gordale Lane that leads onto Hawthorns Lane near Gordale Scar Campsite and Refreshments van. A well maintained path follows Gordale Beck through the gorge to the Scar itself.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 31/10/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @D0c.Col :grin:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @D0c.Col :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @D0c.Col :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@AlbionDrones cant believe it was over a year ago that we were there. You got in before the bird breeding season Suzanne. :clap:

1 Like

Your video was great, gave us an incentive to go and fly it… My video is just rendering, 6mins long and taken 3 hrs so far - I need a new computer - then I will upload it and post the link :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure it will be a masterpiece Suzzane. I’m afraid I was too worried at the time, with the wind and all, to take the mini 2 higher than I did but the circular walk was ace. :+1:

1 Like

Lol, masterpiece, nah, its just some random footage cobbled together… 6 mins long - probably too long for most, but set to an amazing piece of music that I have been wanting to use - and totally relaxed - any more chilled and it would be horizontal… Uploading now, its 4k 60fps, and YT says it will be another 1 hr 42 mins to upload, then probably anothe rhour to render to UHD… I will post the link later…

1 Like

Nah, 10mins minimum! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

And here we go…

1 Like

Awsome video Suzanne. It was a wee bit windy for my mini 2 when I went so I chickened out! I took some photos from where that guy was standing in your end shot. We were going to scramble up the waterfalls but they were in full force and the girls didn’t fancy it (truth be known neither did I). Once again the queen of the weather rules! :rofl::rofl::hugs::clap:

1 Like

Thanks Colin, it was a nerous flight at times, especially inside the gorge, with no satelite signal!!

The weather was ok, very cold, and when out of the sun it was quick to freeze the fingers, but the wind wasnt too bad in the Scar… We did flay 4 other locations, and they were colder and windier, so frozen fingers was the order of the day!

1 Like