GPS and RF signal jamming - The great big notifications thread

Thanks for the warning Dave, bloody typical, as the weather is supposed to be good around here later in the week !!:drooling_face:

i do wonder if this is the Yanks doing this testing, with the fact that Lakenheath and Mildenhall are just a few miles south of the test.
Two of the biggest bases in this part of the country !!.
Your thoughts @Manty ?, coincidence of you post a week or two back?

Would take you up on that Chris but people invading for the week so have to play the perfect host but I have told them I’m flying Thursday so make your own dinner (that’s good hosting where I come from):rofl:

1 Like

Just head away from Wisbech opposite way from testing, and you should be fine.

1 Like

So they are jamming 433-915MHz, 2.5-5.8GHz and GPS.

Seems like a massive operation and going to affect a lot of things on the ground.

Hundred of people totally lost as their SatNavs lead them down blind alleys.

:thinking: This might be a spectator sport! … checks diary

1 Like

would not want to be on one of the phone providers help lines for the next 11 days.
“Why is not my WiFi working”

They’re only blocking GPS for a couple of minutes Chris - nothing else will be affected :blush:

1 Like

All i’ll say is: KEEP OUT OF NORFOLK for the next week !!
Remember, you can’t get lost!, we only have 1 ferkin’ decent road in (A11), and another one out (A47) !!

The way I read it they are blocking 433-915MHz and 2.5-5.8GHz as well as GPS for 2 minutes up to 5 times an hour.

Could potentialy affect 5GHz wifi systems and possibly car keyless entry which operates at 433.92MHz…

1 Like

GNSS jamming to. Having a crack at the Russian set up as well! Interesting. a very large area so maybe jamming from both ground and air.

2 Likes

SHIT!, I’m heading for the shelter !!
Rations?, tea?, coffee?, milk?, fags?, drone?

I’d love to know what they’re using on the ground to measure / capture the effect? :thinking:

2 Likes

Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro 2? :thinking:

2 Likes

Actually - we should invade the place by drones flown by those happy to fly ATTI … and buzz them incessantly all day!

I mean - it’s only a warning, not an NFZ! :wink:

3 Likes

May be John @Manty should doing some ground testing for us, he’s nearest?

i’m game !!

Up to 40,000 ft? so our drones are really spotted by airline pilots then?guess that means all these drone sightings must be true then?Nasty,Nasty drone pilots,ban em all…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

For sure - airlines will be avoiding the area! And, anyway, @ 40k you’re above most of them so they won’t see you. :wink:

4 Likes

Look out,down below…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It will be interesting watching “Flight Radar” over the next week or so, as one of the North Sea crossing points for the Airlines is across the Wash in a line to Cromer, and over to Europe.