GPS and RF signal jamming - The great big notifications thread

GPS jamming trials will be listed in here - feel free to add to it (but do please include a source / link).

Heads up Wales!

Source:

http://skywise.caa.co.uk/jamming-trial-effecting-uas-command-control-and-gnss-reception/?cat=22

2 Likes

Similar to the Norfolk one in Feb I guess?

Norfolk GPS jamming from 11th to 22nd of February 2019

So are they jamming all 3 of those frequencies? Or is it some sort of harmonic? Mine runs on 898MHz and was thinking. Anyone have any insider info?

It fecked things up round here for quite some distance I recall, contrary to what they said.
I remember going 20 miles the other side away from it, to fly, and still had problems linking the drone.

1 Like

Spotted this yesterday Rich thanks for the reminder, luckly it doesn’t effect me living around Merseyside

Strange that it doesn’t appear on NATS’ Drone Assist …. whereas the Feb one did.

1 Like

Heads up Norfolk folk !

Source:

http://skywise.caa.co.uk/blocking-trials-effecting-uas-control/?cat=22

Map courtesy of @OzoneVibe :

Fly over it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure how wide a 20NM circle is around that?

20NM = 37 Kilometers? :thinking:

1 Like

I wonder what life-critical devices there are in that 1,600 sq.miles that depend on GPS?

Probably a good day for the Russians to attack.

I would hope they have a backup / alternative system!

And for vehicle thieves - provided they can nick it in two minutes or less.

Some things don’t have backup.

Location is only a part of the issue.

Precise synchronisation at 2+ locations is often done by GPS time signal.

1 Like

That’s a big area!

There’s an interesting ruined chapel at N Elmham I’ve flown round before. I’ll not go back this month then.

Ta for the heads up.

2 Likes

Just my luck ! My very first opportunity to fly at a pals place on the 14th (Thursday) who is at 10 o’clock right on the yellow line. Should I be worried? Complete beginner so faffing about as it is but the sun will be out - - - - Grrrrrr !! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Umm, might just be outside that area, sod it!, will just head to the coast, if need be !!

You’ll just have to head over here Rob ,for a fly about with me!