Grace Dieu Priory Thringstone, First Video

Hi all my first video so any comments gratefully received.
Also recorded the music, if any of you guys would be interested in original music for videos drop me a message.
Thanks
Pete

10 Likes

Edited your YT link … the vid was starting 27 secs in.

Great thanks for that, not sure what that was about.
Thanks again
Pete

A great music and video combination.

Regards

Stephen

I’ve been there to fly. Parked across the road at the t junction.:+1::+1::+1:

I parked at the pub, nice walk but not good if time is short so next time I parked on the grass near the cycle path entrance. Did you do any video ?
Thanks for the response.

Hi Stephen thanks for the Comments.

Cheers

Pete

I did but didn’t do anything with it. Just kept it as B roll.

Did you get permission to fly here, I want to get some footage but it’s just inside the East Midlands airport NFZ.
If you got permission, who did you contact, I want to do everything properly and try to get Grace dieu priory and the viaduct in while I’m there. Thank you

@DarrnHub the contact details for East Mids ATC can be found on Drone Scene. Just turn on the Flight Restrictions Zone layer, then click on the red area of the map to pull up the phone numbers you need to call to get permission to fly there:

Like so:

1 Like

It’s not, its quite a way out.

In the image where there us a double bump in the white road below the restriction zone is where the priory is…

Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Grace Dieu priory - Historic Buildings in East Midlands (dronescene.co.uk)

Really enjoyable and the music is well matched. Was it a Dowland piece?

That’s great, I’ve not used that app before and I’ve never seen any contact details come up in drone assist, I’ll downloaded it and give them a call. Thank you

1 Like

It’s not an app It’s a web page, if you go to the 3 lines at the top of the page the menu drops down one of the options is drone scene.
I’ve also linked to grace dieu priory on drone scene in my post above, where you can see It’s outside the NFZ so you wouldn’t need to ring atc, if you measure it on Google maps its 5 miles from the centre of the runway and not on a flight path so you are good to fly there.
If you do ring the are a really nice bunch of people at East Midlands ATC, if you did need permission they would normally request you fill in a form which they email out. Last time i got a call back with in 10 minutes.

I do appologise i just read my posts and they seem a bit off, not my intention at all. I was rushing to type as my lad is vying for my attention. Sorry

I think you did really well with this video. I particularly liked the reverse through the window shots, did you fly forward and then reverse in edit?
Music - fantastic and fitted with the theme beautifully

@Crashdive. Top draw that Peter for a first vidđź‘Ť. Like the intro of the clouds.
The only thing I could pull, and I’m by far from a pro, was not trimming enough off one of your shots when the drone comes to a stop. Only other thing I could pull was having a couple of pulling away/reveal shots after each other. Maybe that’s just me🤪
Have a go at having a little zoom in post of some of your clips, either at the beginning or end, it doesn’t half give the vid more dynamics. :+1:.
Nice vid all round though :grin: