Grass snake

Stumbled across a grass snake, don’t see them as often these days.
It sure wasn’t hanging around

13 Likes

I’ve never seen a snake in the wild. Nice.

Cool capture there Gaz! Where was this? I often see Grass Snakes swimming across lakes and ponds while fishing but rarely see them on land like that :+1:t2: :snake:

I wouldn’t either!

:snake:

:running_man:

3 Likes

Love snakes!

When I spent a lot of weekend time down on the Dorset coast, would love to go out early mornings in the spring, on sunny mornings, and look for Adders out warming themselves. They are SO shy … getting pics was a real challenge.

1 Like

On the Humber estuary bank just outside the village I live. I last saw one sometime last year

Last one I saw was in Dalby forest, laid across a mountain bike track

1 Like

come across a few slow worms on North Yorkshire moors
Not very good photos

3 Likes

At my last house, in the spring, used to get loads of them in massive mating gatherings.

1 Like

How small/big is the snake in the first post?

I can’t tell from the surroundings.

There are grass blades. And a daisy

1 Like

It was about 1 1/2 ft long

1 Like

One of the smaller gatherings … the others are off-line.

3 Likes

Wheres the social distancing and masks??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Animals don’t give a shit. As don’t the protesters in Trafalgar Square today. Each to his own eh?

1 Like

I spent a year living over in the States in 08 and would see them almost daily.

Never been lucky enough to see them in this country though.

1 Like

Great pics. Unfortunately the only ones I’ve seen here in on Northumberland moors have been splatted by cars :sleepy:. Though still usually wear boots (sometimes gaiters) if walking through deep heather :smirk:

Grass snakes don’t bite.

1 Like

Granted, sorry, I should have clarified that what we’ve seen are actually adders (zig zag markings on back)…which do :woozy_face: