Great Friends!

Most years (except during the Covid era)I hold a big bbq at my place for blokes I served with (and their wives/partners) and have known for many years….it’s usually over August bank holiday long weekend…

Back in 2014 I was given an introduction to drones by one of my mates - Mike - who took some aerial views of the celebrations……

…it has taken me a lot of soul searching to convince myself to buy one, but I still couldn’t justify the outlay (I have so many hobbies!) However - in February this year my father-in-law bought me a drone: an HS720R.

After getting my operator and flyer id’s Mike was my go to bloke for advice, tips and - as is usual - p*** taking!

Having spent a couple of weeks learning drone operation, I said I was going to get a DJI “something”……this morning the postman showed up with Mini 2 fly more combo - a gift from Mike! He said it was gathering dust in his shed so he sent it to me!

What a difference between that and the HS drone! I’ve spent all morning watching videos on YouTube and WhatsApp pestering Mike……

Now……all I need to make life perfect is for the weather to improve….I have everything else: a cracking drone, somewhere to fly it and a bloody brilliant mate!

16 Likes

What a top bloke Mike is :clap:t2:

Enjoy your new drone @FenFlyer :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi brother from another mother :+1:(@FenFlyer if you know you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

That’s a fantastic generosity from I presume a fellow comrade as I did the same with my mate with the mini 2.

It’s unbelievable how easy to fly, my son just taken my 3pro to use in Australia and I took him out and in a minute he had it up and taken videos and pictures, he changed the sticks settings as he likes left stick forward and backwards that’s it.

I’m atm teaching my grandson to fly but first it’s cheap drones and great around the house but ATM as there no gps and outside catches the wind and off he has to go into next field to retrieve it, oh did i say he’s 3 months short of being 3 :scream::rofl::rofl:

Enjoy and look forward to seeing results.

1 Like

Good luck!