Greenham Common Nuclear Missile Base

Greenham Common Cold War Nuclear Missile Base
https://youtu.be/ilwJgMx6W9k

10 Likes

I was stationed there for a short period of time

2 Likes

When the missiles where there ?

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Bit too breezy for a mini. Was getting warnings of excessive rota speed.
Great video.

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Yeah and the smellies

2 Likes

Very interesting I wonder what they keep in the bunkers now days ???

I was contacted by a company in Belgium, that wanted to use this video on their Web site, they had rented one of the bunkers to sell legalised cannabis products.

1 Like

Actually it is the Resistance Base on the planet of D’Qar.

(Closet Star Wars Fan :shushing_face:)

5 Likes

Great video Ethan, must give it a try when lockdown ends, my son lives quite close

1 Like

Cheers Ethan

Great 4k are the cars dumped their and it looks like people still work their

and the monument plane is it a monument

Hi, the cars are stored there, and the fire plane has just been left there, so you can walk around it.

Hope you managed to pocket a few Euros for that… or products :thinking:

3 Likes

Cheers Ethan

can anyone go their

Yeah, it’s now a public place, opposite the bunkers on the other side of where the runway use to be is the old control tower.

1 Like

Cheers

I I may go their after lock down and take a drone

1 Like

I was there 1985 on the fence to stop the smellies ie female protesters,getting into the camp
Caught a few they were just a pain in the arse.as long as you fair with them they were ok some would come and talk to us and give us cups of tea and in return we would throw charcoal over the fence to them.we used to work two days on 1 day .Once on my day off I went off camp and had a drink with them till a raf copper reported me tosser, mod cops arrested me thinking I had been converted!!! NO JUST WANTED MY LEG OVER. As you do.no peace keeper ever made it to were the missiles were kept because if was live ammo and shot to kill policy, in the gama area it was yanks and raf regt that secured the gama .

2 Likes

Must of been a scary place to work knowing that those missiles could end the world.

No never bothered me anyway at raf bruggen in gemany there was even worse big massive nukes there.lol cold War days

1 Like

True, I served as a Marine Engineer on one of our Trident Submarines, we carried 16 Trident D5 missiles, and it was not something you thought about.

2 Likes