Greeting from Stoke on Trent

Hi I would like to say hello to everyone, I’m so glad I’ve found a forum where everyone is civil. I’ve been on groups on FB and they are so aggressive, I hate that. I also hate the grammar police as I’m not the best. I have had a tello and mavic air for Xmas and am looking forward to doing more with them, I have an interest in photography and was a surveyor in the army a long time ago and photogrammetry and mapping is also very interesting.

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions for my area Stoke on Trent please shout out.

Regards.

Ryan

6 Likes

Hi Ryan / @Bambibenbow and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air, and quite a few own the Tello … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Ryan. First of all, this is not Facebook. And… That’s the end of it. Looking forward to a meet.

1 Like

Thanks Dave.

I read that there is a section about what to say to people with downloadable stuff if they ask questions and stuff. When trying to get there it says doesn’t exist I’m assuming it’s on the next level of membership.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Thanks.

And thank god it’s not Facebook.

I see your not to far.

I don’t get out and about at the moment much. New child, but hopefully in the summer.

Looking to go any drone shows I can get to also.

Have to let me know if there are any meets locally.

Talk soon

1 Like

If your willing to travel a small bit, @anon20379288 does regular meets. He has a facebook group, but it is very well moderated. The first one is 18th jan at coften park. 12-1400. West Midlands area. His group is really good. But if you really don’t do FB, I’m sure he’ll post meets here.

1 Like

That sounds good what’s the group name. I do do Facebook just don’t like the way the drone police carry on. Constructive is not in their nature. If someone is doing something wrong don’t just say so educate them constructively. Anyway sorry if I sound anti fb I’m not it has a lot of positive things about it.

I’ve found it I’ll be sure to keep an eye out on there.

Welcome, surveying in the Army I did a fair bit of that as well, I am RA and you?

Hi @Bambibenbow and welcome to Grey Arrows, glad you could join us mate :+1:t2:

Yes, Ryan, you are correct.

Welcome Ryan

Hey I was also RA 5th regt. 1997 to 2002 ish, good to meet you.

Hi Ryan,and welcome to the family, really great people on this forum with a lot of knowledge.

I was K Bty 81 to 84, Hildesheim & Dortmund, prior to that 32 in Bulford and back to 32 in Dortmund, my last year after draw down was in Larkhill ended my 22 years as RQMS. Now live near Kettering and retired for 18 months and flying drones since retiring.

very nice i loved my time unfortunately had to leave due to injury at the time. was in catterick at marne barracks the whole time. great to meet you.

1 Like

That’s great thanks Andy. Do;t think il be able to make the first few but mid year is a possibility.

1 Like