Greetings from the Bere Peninsula Devon

Hi,
Been lurking on the sidelines for a couple of weeks as I’m the shy retiring type, well I’m retired if nothing else.
I’ve owned a Mavic Air for the last 4 weeks and I absolutely love it. I try to fly it everyday, weather permitting (which isn’t a lot recently) and it never ceases to amaze me just how much techy cleverness us built into such a small package.
This is my first drone, other than a Simtoo Fairy which I persevered with for a couple of weeks before I realised it was the drone and not me. A total piece of cr@p.
I’m lucky living where I do, lots of unrestricted countryside to fly around, although I’ve only just found out that one of my favourite places to fly, Dartmoor, is off limits. Bummer.
I’ve just downloaded the paid for version of Power Director and I’ve been spending hours trying to get to grips with that, even though it’s supposed to be one of the simplest editors out there.
Regards
Jim

1 Like

Hi Jim
Welcome to this madhouse we call the oracle (place to find out where we are going wrong…)
I haven’t used power director much so can’t help you with that but I’m sure someone will come along and have a degree in using it who can help.
I look forward to your footage also a good idea to get YouTube set up for when you have mastered editing

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.
Here

is a link to my first effort, more an exercise in getting to grips with Power Director.
I’m open to all/any criticism or suggestions.
Jim

1 Like

Hello and welcome Jim.
Some points from me,
Slow down your yaw movements.
Try and match the music to the video
Cut to a beat on your chosen music track
Avoid fancy transitions between clips
I’m no expert by any means but this is what I try to do, we are all learning all of the time.

Thanks, and noted.

Only suggestions, give it a go and see how you get on.

Here is one of mine, it’s not perfect but I’m fairly happy with it.

Nice colours and reflections in the water on your video BTW

1 Like

Very nice… something to aspire to.

@Mixyblob Jim great first attempt
Take note of Chris’s comments we have all done it
a lot of blank at the end of the video keep an eye on that tray a slower track maybe
The canoe shots are epic love them
keep it up and have a look round at what others are doing I’m no expert but do try different edits of same footage to get the hand of the programme
Great first attempt

Thanks, the canoe paddling forwards but appearing to go backwards was a total fluke.

Thank you.

Who :laughing:

It’s okay Jim, Jeff has been at the sherry again :rofl:

Hi @Mixyblob and welcome to Grey Arrows :smiley:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Members Map and you’ll get an idea of some of the other members in your area…

Please also add yourself to that map: Members’ Location Map - A Guide

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown:

Welcome once again :slight_smile:

Welcome @Mixyblob from a fellow Mavic Air flyer - a great choice :+1:

Welcome Jim @Mixyblob

How come? No flying on Dartmoor?

Dunno why, just is, easier for the people in charge to do a blanket ban than lots of “you can here but can’t there” rules.
You can still fly from private property within the park and launch/land from outside as far as I’m aware.

Yeah me too

Welcome to the group :+1: